Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Max problem

heya,

I resently formatted my PC@work and reinstalled all drivers and programs with plugins. (Nothing special just the casual way)

Well, it all works except Max's strange behaviour. Guess is has something to do with the drivers, but i didnt do anything weird during the installation. When i open a Max model, it comes up normal. But when i want to edit or move an object, all the lines become thick and fuzzy. (see below) It's pretty anoying coz with a lot of objects u dont see sh.t anymore It doenst go back to the old state, unless quiting max.

Who can help me out ? (ps. changing from OpenGL-->software) doenst work.

might be a problem with line antialiasing. what card and drivers are you using ?

Comment

and direct3D?
      sorry me, I write bad english because i am spanish.

At the moment of death I will smile

Comment

what kind of video card you got? this sure looks like video issue to me. It could have been that when you updated the drivers it has included a new option of some sort to do this which can be turned off. Who knows.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I have a RADEON X850 XT (256Mb platinum edition) and downloaded the drivers a month ago from ati.com ( version 5.7 ) I see that there's a new version 5.8. I'll give it a try anyway. I also assume it's a videocard "prob", although this never happened to me before.....

thnx for the replies

Comment

what mode are you running in...opengl. it looks like some of you settings may be messed up. switch modes and see if its the same....i've had this problem before and it had something to do with what i had switched on and off in my opengl settings.
            -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

For me newer video drivers always mean new problems... it seems like the number of issues stays constant, they just change from driver to driver... I have an NVidia card though.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                For me newer video drivers always mean new problems... it seems like the number of issues stays constant, they just change from driver to driver... I have an NVidia card though.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                lol i have the same issues...only Im using an ATI FireGL...so maybe it doesn't matter what brand you have

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I personelly made a lot of bad experinces with ATI cards in the past.
                  Actually they are good and fast cards.
                  I don´t want to start a "this one is better" discussion.
                  But they always had problems to get their drivers work in a reliable way.
                  Just last week we had one computer that immediately crashed when sending
                  a network job. We checked everything.. reinstalled max, reinstalled vray,
                  and believe it or not.. but after reinstalling the ati drivers.. it worked again.
                  And I had a lot of similar strange problems in the past.

Comment

Working...
                  X