Export to .vrscene file!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export to .vrscene file!

not sure where to post this but i finally tried the Enscape Export to .vrscene file from Revit & Sketchup. that is brilliant! i'm able to work with the model in 3dsMax, setup cameras, render etc... plus i can load the .vrscene file into Vantage and create walks-thrus and such. only did a couple of scenes, one had a lighting issue where one of the light sources must have been rotated 90 degrees, though it was supposedly correct in Sketchup. the other was that i was missing a few Enscape assets such as people. but other people, even those I don't have in Cosmos, showed up. but this is absolutly brilliant b/c we have some old-school SU people and now i can take over without missing a beat in 3dsMax and do what needs to be done.

Hi, thanks for posting. I am a bit confused, do you have issues or you are just reporting that you are happy with the exporter? If you have issues could you describe them in a bit more details, preferably with screengrabs and/or the scene.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

ah ok... yes i LOVE IT. now i can go from Sketchup to 3ds max with very little effort. or, Revit to 3ds max. plus, i can go from Sketchup or Revit right into Vantage -- so this is all GREAT!

the button within our version of Enscape shows that it is still Beta (but i believe there's a new version of Enscape now that we are going to test, and i don't know if that Export to .vrscene is still beta in the new version?) so I expect some oddities.

two oddities i've seen are attached.

1st: the guy in a colorful sequence jacket. this person and the woman standing to the right of him, are not available in Cosmos in 3ds max. (i'm not sure if that makes a difference or not? but it seems like it does not make a difference).
      2nd: there is a woman sitting on the bench immediately next to the sequence jacket person's left elbow in the SU model, but that woman has not come into 3ds max or vantage. There is at least 1 other person (not shown in screen shots) that is missing elsewhere in the render
      3rd: the other attached screen shot show an odd orientation of a wall light, whereas the light further away shows no such orientation problems. notice the shadow on the ceiling in the light closer to us. in SU it "appears" to be correct. but i have not done any further troubleshooting.

i wasn't sure if this was the appropriate area to bring up issues for it. but i did want to say how great it is and also, it not only helps with rendering, but everything appears to be a mesh so i can easily modify things in 3ds max. and finally, as far as i know so far, all the materials translate wonderfully. though we do have problems internally with our Revit models having literally 20 different materials named "Generic". so i run into a lot of issues when i use scripts to convert or change from Revit materials to vray materials unless i first manually find and re-name those materials. but at least for now, working with this .vrscene export from Sketchup, materials seem to be pretty on.

i'm not able to send out a scene due to confidentiality.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, thanks for the kind words.
        All Enscape assets are supported by V-Ray with the exception of 3D PEOPLE assets. - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VSKET...y-AssetSupport
        I am looking at an existing issue that we have logged about some IES lights from Enscape's IES Gallery sample scene appear tilted or rotated in exported scene.
        Please build and send us a simple scene that reproduces this issue so we can confirm it is the same or probably register a new one. Or it could be a user mistake, please double check this before anything else.

Comment

thanks, will do!

Comment

Hello again.
            # 1 the light issue that was shown with the attachment above (the weird shadow on the ceiling/wall) is resolved. what happened was, the sketchup user had placed several very large diameter lights to serve as general illumination in the scene. i found the light and deleted it, the wall an sconces render perfectly
            # 2 i'm seeing several objects with transparency. in fact the bench/couch on the left of the multi-colored jacket wearing person was transparent. when ilook at the materials for the objects, i do in fact see an OPACITY map which appears to be either in the wrong slot (because it is the same as the diffuse color map). so in Sketchup, the user either tried to use the diffuse colormap as a reflection or reflection glossiness map and upon export to .vrscene and import to 3ds max, it got confused. OR somehow the map in the Sketchup model was not correctly created. the 3ds max view port does show many objects as having see-thru look to them. attached a picture of a column highlighted in the 3ds max viewport on the left wire-frame white outline and the actual render when i remove it. i'd bet it's a Sketchup thing.
            # 3 i'm not sure - is it ALL 3d people in Enscape that are not supported or just a certain brand of 3d people, because the guy in the colored jacket is not in my cosmos, but he did come from Sketchup and Enscape in Sketchup?

thanks!

(ps what's with typing # 1 with no space between the pound-sign and 1 and getting a link for HOME likewise with # 2 # 3!?)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by s_gru; 02-04-2024, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Hi,
              # 2 i'm seeing several objects with transparency...
              We will need a scene for this one.
              # 3 i'm not sure - is it ALL 3d people in Enscape that are not supported
              No, just the ones listed in the docs.

Comment

thanks, i finally got it with the people. so the other people that did import i think came from another program or are not on the list. thanks!

one thing i'm noticing now is that i've selected 5 similar lights that were imported, the names are different, but each light has exactly the same settings as seen on the "basic" tab in the light-lister. are these lights supposed to be auto-grouped upon import?

finally, i can't export a scene right now ('d i have to cut it down and make sure no info is it that would breech confidentiality sorry).

Comment

Hi thanks for the update.

but each light has exactly the same settings as seen on the "basic" tab in the light-lister. are these lights supposed to be auto-grouped upon import
                  This might be a current issue that we are faced with. Some lights export with wrong intensity values. The issue is logged as a bug in our system.

finally, i can't export a scene right now
                  I understand. Just for your information the support tickets system is structured with confidentiality as one of it's main objectives.
                  IF you want you could send the scene there. It will be kept confidential and used for troubleshooting purposes only.

Comment

ok thanks, submitted a ticket and also the .vrscene file.

Comment

Working...
                    X