Modeling approach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeling approach?

I have yet another oxygen chamber to build. I've made probably 20 different types so far but this one had me stumped for quite a while, in terms of how to go about modeling it.

It appears simple but isn't quite so, as it needs to be one contiguous shell and there are some rather awkward curves/cutaways within it.
    There is scant reference available apart from dimensions and so basically the attached is it, mostly.
    The question is; how would you go about creating the main shell?, as accurately as possible and of course with good topology.

Although I did eventually find a rather cool method I'd be interested in seeing any other approaches.

Naturally I considered CAD (there exists a model used in their advertising, though it falls far short of how it looks in reality) but these days
    I don't have access to anything - the last I used was PowerNurbs but have since lost the license.
    Plasticity looked like an option but I didn't want to buy that without being certain it could do the job convincingly, so if anyone uses that and
    can prove the concept I'd be interested in the workflow.

If anyone sees this as a challenge then I'll post my method to compare techniques
    Attached Files
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin
Working...
X