No announcement yet.

Revisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to get your perspective. Our industry is like the Wild West, and it confuses clients. There is no "typical". I come from corporate America, so being charged for anything extra is normal. Heck, ask for an additional piece of cheese on your burger, and they'll ask for 50 cents .
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

When I started, older colleagues told me, that people are too keen on counting coins so they don't notice that the paper money is running outbound behind their back. I'm pleased if I make customer happy and counting coins is not helping anyone. Instead it's taking time from something more important.

Comment

There is a balance. Some people try to get stuff for nothing, so they'll take advantage of you. I have a client who kept asking for more reviews because "I was missing half of what she was asking"; she didn't realize that I keep a record of all comments. After allowing her more time to comment, she again said I missed so many things, so I scheduled a Zoom meeting. I reviewed all her remarks, and she quickly found out that I missed nothing, and she was busted. I don't mind picking up minor things, but contracts and communication keep things simple and not personal. Often, I'll send a quote for the changes, make them, and waive the fee. This lets them know that you are going out of your way to help. Otherwise, they won't appreciate the things you do.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X