Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX7 folder "read only"?!?

Hi all,
    some days ago something happen to my system (otherwise perfectly functional) so that my MAX 7 folder is locked.

I figure it is locked because MAX would give me this "cannot write file" error every 5 minutes, that is the autosave time. Turned that off, no more errors.

Also, maps used from the MAX folders would not be read by the DR slaves, even when using universal file naming.

Finally, once MAX crashed, and trying to save in the backup folder, it could not, and asked me to manually save a recovery file.

I went to explorer, and the folder properties show the read only attribute grayed out. Clicking it does clear it, and windows seems reassigning the setting to all subfolders, but once I click OK, and reopen the properties for the folder, it still shows grayed out (that is, partially read only).

I don't know what to think. Anyone else having this happen? Any solution?

Thank you

regards

gio

Thats is rather unusual. Try unticking read only then restart the computer and see if its stayed that way.

Also how much space do you have left on that drive?

Comment

That happens to me also when I install max at school as a admin and then starts to use it as a domain user.
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

I posted this at the descreet max discussion group, with no replies...

Anyone else has any idea?
        Is there a way to make sure I am logged in as admin?

Thanks,

regards

gio

Comment

Did you try anything i suggested?

Also if you go into control panel then users you will be able to see if your account is a admin account.

Comment

Working...
          X