could any1 with a dual xeon 64bit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could any1 with a dual xeon 64bit..

check what their voltage core is at for me ?

i have a dual 3.6 with cpu 1s vcore at ~ 1.33 and cpu 2 vcore at ~ 1.17
    cpu 1 tempature is constantly 10 degrees celcius hotter than cpu 2 ( well it should be due to the dif. in voltage )

is this how its supposed to be or some sort of mobo fault ?

tia

I dont have a dual xeon 64bit but both cpu's should be running the same voltage, I'd check your manual or call where ever you got it from...

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

dave's right ... something a miss there. Look at the Jumpers for the voltage control on the board, you'll get this info from your Mboard manual.
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

cheers.

unfortunatly theres not any way i know to mess with the voltage either by bios or jumpers. its an asus board so you would think there would be.

i will try to contact local asus support and see what that will bring (not much i guess )

Comment

what is the model number of the board?

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

NCT-D

i called local ASUS support yesterday and they told me it was quit normal and due to a diffrence in cooling efficiency (choker )

i didnt really buy their explantion as they didnt sound too competent.

but they asked me if i had measured the performance on each CPU wich i havent yet.

Comment

Hi Dennis!

According to the Intel Procesor Spec Finder, all 800/3,6Ghz Xeons operate between 1.250V and 1.400V, so one of your CPUs is undervolted. A too low Vcore is a reason to get a new board from Asus. You just check for Asus servercare program, i had my board exanged once without any problem for the same reason (ok, both cpus were undervolted but who cares ). I doubt that the CPU would be undervolted because of any termal reasons.

regards.
              michael
              This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

ah cheers mate.

good info to back up my claims for a new board. i bought it online and usually they dont exchange it without a little 'fight'.

firts time i bought and assembled a machine for buisness use from online stores. i wont do it again. not sayng that others dont deliver faulty goods but atleast the on site service is there

from the ~ 10 parts i bought i have had to send back 4 now and yet again i can look forward to 1-2 months with my oooold workstation and have to move the license server, requesting a new key etc etc.....

guess i will just keep the faulty board. i got around the same render times as the other 3.6s

Comment

Hi Dennis!

fyi - the servercare programm at asus is based on an ARS ("advanced replacement service" as far as i remember). That means, you call the hotline, send in a fax with a description of the problem and receive a new board within usually 48h. Then you just send back your old board on your own, that's all expenses you gotta cover. No time without a working system exept while assembling.

just in case you're still thinking about a replacement...

regards,
                  michael
                  This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about ASUS overall. I've personally stuck with MSI over the last few years (they just work right out of the box) but have been considering switching over cause of ASUS' glowing reviews. I think this thread is interesting - please keep us up to date if you do a RMA.
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

cheers michael,

all your information is really valuable and me thinks you should work for ASUS Denmark, because they _really_ dont know anything.
                      Actually they denied any existence of a servercare program and when i directed them to the support page with the information they said it was only fancy words with no meaning and i still had to go through the shop where i bought the mobo.
                      i have writen ASUS NL wich i belive is the Europe HQ and wait to see what they think about the servercare program.
                      maybe there are still a hope of getting a shinny new mobo without missing the faulty one.

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                        please keep us up to date if you do a RMA.
                        sure thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X