XP Pro or XP Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trick
    What problems were you guys having using XPHome single proc.renderslaves ? I have a mixed 2K/Home/Pro farm and never had ANY problems with the Home slaves: no crashes, equally fast network trafic and control with realVNC, etc...
    If you ever want to use a windows domain (which can make admin and networking for several machines much easier) you can't use home.

There were other things, which I can't remember now, pertaining to home and networking that are specifically turned off to make people by pro.

But, like I said, it would be even better to use Win2k pro IMHO, unless you're using Hyperthreading which I don't think is supported in 2k.

Comment

But, like I said, it would be even better to use Win2k pro IMHO, unless you're using Hyperthreading which I don't think is supported in 2k.
      It's not that 2k does not support HT but rather that it supports only 2 proccesses.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Just a tid bit of information.
        Try using TightVNC instead of realvnc, or maybe even try Ultravnc... has some cool things like built in file transfer...etc..
        But give TightVNC a shot first...
        Its faster than realvnc considerably I reckon. Makes sure to update both ends (client and server)

Comment

Working...
        X