• Show
Clear All

awesome! but why are you using maxwell?
    I'm totally joking!
    Needs more cowbell

Comment

Thanks

and a few more shots,

as you can see, in close up it is still a bit too smooth.

BTW: looks like the spherical camera shots do show the render primitives as it should...in the previous two it said 840.

You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

do you have a bump on the texture as well? it should add the detail to the closeups...just make sure it's fractal or turbulence with at least 3 levels
        Needs more cowbell

Comment

Looking very very nice indeed!!!!!

Comment

looks like someone is enjoying the vraysky!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Hey - good timing on this topic....

Now the next step:
              How to add rolling wave effect with white-cap breaks?
              www.studio2a.co

Comment

if you know how to, please tel me

Anyhow, that will not work with simple displacement or noise modifiers. Somehow there should be made a shader that changes when the angle between adjacent polygons changes.
                You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Well, as of changing the material by angle you could use one of the many "terrain maps" as they mostly do exactly that (height and angle).

A different approach would be doing it with particles and PFlow. Basically you can simply spawn particles by a deflector that is only on top of the higher waves.

Your approach looks damn nice so far! The only thing i am missing is those "glittering" white spots! Might appear with a brighter sun-spot and some detail bump-map.

Greetings,
                  Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                  X