Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent backburner help... strange error

Hi all...
    I'm quite desperate as I just installed 3dsmax8 on my system, overwriting the 3dsmax8beta (dunno if the problem has anything to do with this), and now backburner refuses to work when i try to submit a job. It just gives me following error:

"Cannot network render. Backburner not found or not installed.
    Verify that the path to the Backburner is set in the windows path environment variable or that backburner is actually installed on that system"

Of course, BB3 is installed and also the Path is set - I reinstalled everything three times now, checked all path variables, if i start the server it is working and connecting to the manager, as the monitor does as well...

Any hints on that one?

Thanks a lot,
    Michael
    This signature is only a temporary solution

OK got it!

It turned out that it was an old Backburner2 Path that was still in the Path Variable well before my new BB3 path... That must have been confusing the job submission. At least I know now that different Backburner Versions on one computer is not always without risk.

closed...

Comment

where do you change this path Variable ?
      http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

It's just the classic windows path environment variable. You'll find it if you right-click "my computer" and go to the properties/advanced tab. There should be a button labeled "environment settings" where you can edit a variable called "path" - at least if you have administrator privileges
        in my case there where two paths pointing towards a backburner directory, and the first was a BB2 path from my 3dsmax7 installation. Within 3dsmax8 I was unable to submit any job to the network before i deleted the entry pointing to BB2 (leaving only the path to BB3).

Regards,
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X