Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velocity curve editor in MAX 7?

Hi all,
    is there a velocity curve editor in MAX7?

I know the track editor, but there the curves represents the change of the geometric property over time. I would like to edit the curve which represents the velocity of that change.

For example, an object rotating on Z 90 degrees (say form 0 to 90) in 10 seconds will show the curve of the Z rotation property as a line from 0,0 going to 10,90 (10 secs, 90 degrees).

I want to edit the velocity curve of that, which would be an horizontal line set at Y = 9 degree/sec

Again, is there anything like this in MAX 7?

thank you

regards

gio

Are you wondering whether or not you can adjust the in/out tangents for the curves? If so...just right click on your keys in the curve editor/track view....this is what controls the velocity to and from the keyframes.
    -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

thank you dellis,
      yea, I can do that, but only at the keyframe points, as IN/OUT controls.

EIAS (Electricimage) has velocity curves editor, on top of the regular channel curves, and they are really useful, because they allow you to adjust your objects speeds once you have the trajectories worked out.

Thank you,

regards,

gio

Comment

object speed is = to amount of frames between the key frames. If you wish to adjust that you can simply scale the frames respectivly to each other and their position in curve editor.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

have you tried applying an ease curve?
          that will give you a 45 degree line that is a linear translation of the overall animation key times- not quite what you want but might help!
          or you could convert the trajectories to paths and then control your object with path controllers on the trajectory paths

Comment

Working...
          X