HDRSource Skies Volume 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRSource Skies Volume 1

I'd like to announce a new product and website that I have worked on. It's called HDRSource Skies Volume 1. It's a collection of 50 Hi-res skies that I have created.

More information can be seen at:

http://www.hdrsource.com
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Mmmm. Tempted by those - do you ship to the UK?

Also, we typically render out at 4000x3000 ish. Would these be high enough res/quality to leave in the bg? Usually, we just replace the skies in Photoshop, but it would be nice if we could actually use the HDRs that the refs/lighting was calculated from.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Hey Tricky. I'll ship them to any country that isn't prevented by the US (or vice-versa) - shipping and handling included in the price.

I just tested an HDR (angular/light probe) at 4000x3000 res and the sample seems good.

The DVD is almost full at the current resolution - I would have to separate the three different formats for sale individually in order to raise the resolution any higher. Currently, the HDRs come in at around 20-30 megs. But I'll consider this for the next library.

Comment

Can you give us more inoformation on how you created them? They look like CG terrains. Did you work in dreamscape, or terragen? When I worked on Stealth, most of our HDRIs were created from CG. We also had the advantage animated HDRIs that way as the plans woudl fly through canyons for example. Just something to consider for your next DVD.

Comment

Hey Chris. They are digital terrains. I didn't use Dreamscape as I wasn't impressed at all by the other libraries which did use them. I settled on Terragen and look forward to their upcoming release (Terragen 2) to produce even better and more unique results - namely incorporating other models such as forests into the background. I would also like to eventually add photo-based ones - but I need to get a better camera first with some good wide-angle lenses. Future plans really depends on if current sales support these efforts and the amount of allocated time.

I've thought about doing animated sequences but I was afraid compiling time and file sizes would be prohibitive. I also lack that processing power. What was your final file format and size for those sequences?

Comment

the previews of TG2 have some awsome clouds.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hi Chris! Just wondering, did you use VRay in Stealt? I'm having some difficulties with animated HDRI maps and network rendering at the moment.
              Any pointers would be greatly appriciated!

You can check my orginal post in here...

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=13776

best regards,

Mare

Comment

good job cleo!
                hope sales go well, from what I have seen of these the hdris are fantastic with a nice big dynamic range
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Nice Job jujubee
                  Natty
                  http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Thank guys. I appreciate the support.

Elf - that does look great. It supposedly will handle billions of polys too and import models such as Xfrogs:

http://www.ashundar.com/pfs.php?m=vi...fc63b79fef3090

Comment

Great job juju

Good to see you finally going public with the site.
                      Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by mare
                        Hi Chris! Just wondering, did you use VRay in Stealt? I'm having some difficulties with animated HDRI maps and network rendering at the moment.
                        Any pointers would be greatly appriciated!

You can check my orginal post in here...

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=13776

best regards,

Mare
                        We did not use Vray with animated HDRIs on stealth. let me look at that thread and see if I can help.

Comment

Just purchased...hope to get it soon
                          Vivek

Comment

Wont that cost alot extra to get into your country?? say with the dongle

Comment

No Dongle...just a DVD....Hardware has customs duty and a USB Dongle is Hardware...Software is free (NO CUSTOMS DUTY), just local taxes.

If it came with a Dongle....i would pass!

so it hopefully will not cost any more than the Purchase price + 14%.

Vivek

Comment

Working...
                              X