help!! user problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! user problems

I'm heaving problems with te viewport , check this out , the same model once in user and once in perspective camera.
    the one in user i can see throgh some of the model.
    the perspective one is normal.
    anyone have any idea how can i fix this?
    perspective view

user view

btw i'm using max 8.0
    Gili
    http://www.3dvision.co.il

i've been having similar problems on a couple of files since updating my drivers... also the x y and z disapearing from the ends of the gizmo arrows and the viewport titles have gone as well...

it doesn't happen all the time though...
    when i merged to a new scene the problem seemed to go away, but after a while the x,y,z, and viewport titles disapeared again...

what card / drivers are you using?

i'm using a quadro4 900xgl with 81.67 forceware version viz2005 vray 1.47.02
    when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

I also have trouble with the viewport titles and the x,y,z disappearing from the ends of the gizmo arrows. Haven't noticed problems like gilicom is having though.

I'm using a Quadro4 980XGL with 71.89 forceware, maxtreme 7, max7 and VRay 1.47.03.
      -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

Well the coplanar faces in the model probably aren't helping things.

Comment

i very much doubt that's causing the problem though...
          when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

this is an empty group, found it and erase it
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

What driver are y'all using in your viewports preference? I'm running a Geforce 7800 gtx and switched over to Direct 3D when I got it -- it's blazing fast compared to OpenGL, but it's also glitchy as hell. Like when I go to set a region render box, half the geometry suddenly mattes over to the background.

Honestly I don't even care, 'cause it lets me play back scenes with hundreds of thousands of polies in real time! I though I'd have to spend serious $$$ to be able to do that.

Shaun
              ShaunDon

Comment

I'm using gforce 6600.
                once it was a nice model ....(got ugly after 5 fix rounds from the customer)
                I've tried direct 3d it does improve it but the problem is still there.
                no empty groups.
                Gili
                [/code]
                http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Just went through the whole video card poking myself in the eye.
                  I agree that OpenGL blows, especially anything over 78.xx from Nvidia DX9 has been much much better. Did a bit-o-testing too.
                  see here for the results

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=13791
                  "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

i haven't tracked this down yet, but it seems to happen more in models that have groups in use than otherwise..

/wtf?
                    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

This happens with OGL drivers if your scene is huge or 0,0 point is too far away or you have an object/shape/light.. too far away from your main model or you have some "0-vertex" object in the model.

Hope this might help
                      Zoran

Comment

Working...
                      X