Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a phone call to Chaos help?

Hi Guys,
    just wondering if a phone call to the Chaos HQ would help in getting a copy of 1.47.10. The current DR doesn't work for us and the lack of 1.5 is getting under my skin.

I can't sell the license, and it isn't working as promised upon purchase

-- DJ

vlado@chaosgroup.com

Put urgent attention or something in the subject.

quite a few people are using DR on the release that you are using.. have you posted asking for help?

Comment

Thanks DaForce.
      I emailed Vlado on the 12th of Jan, but haven't received a response yet.

DR is very intermittent. At times nodes return nothing, other times they aren't connectable. I installed an older version which seemed to work great.... for 3 renders. Then it was back to the old tricks.

It isn't any references in the files or anything - even a simple scene with a few dozen boxes and a light doesn't DR properly.

-- DJ

Comment

email them again, possible CC it to info@chaosgroup.com as well just to make sure.

DR is a bit of a hit and miss but it can come down to alot of things such as network setup, etc..etc.

Them not replying for 12 days seems abit extreme, unless thats there way of saying "no you cant have it.".

If you want help trouble shooting your DR problems post in the problems forum and there will be plenty of people to help you out.

Comment

Joshua, check your email.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

A point release would be great!
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

while im not a loooongtime user, i have to strongly agree with this, i have requested a point release by email but too no avail ( and i dont like too 'beg' for releases i just want the same as the rest really...stable DR !!! )

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                Quit screwing your long time users and release a frick'n point release, this hand picking of noobs while ignoring long time costomers requests is bullshit....
                totally agree, would have need for this point release as well; mailed to chaos with no luck either....what was the phone number again

Comment

The worst part is that our competitors have access while we are forced to make due with what we have. It does not make for a very fair market.

In case some forget this is not a game it is our livelihood and what feeds our kids...
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Thanks Vlad.

-- DJ

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                      The worst part is that our competitors have access while we are forced to make due with what we have. It does not make for a very fair market.

In case some forget this is not a game it is our livelihood and what feeds our kids...
                      I completely agree
                      --Muzzy--

Comment

Working...
                      X