No announcement yet.

Dusty PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the leaf-blower tip with one of my non-critical PC's over the weekend and it worked like a freakin' charm! So I went ahead and cleaned my remaining PC's as well.

I clean them almost monthly with compressed air so I was shocked at all the dust tumbleweeds that came flying out of the heat sinks & especially the power supply.

Anywho, just wanted to say thanks for the idea.
    - Jeff Patton -
    http://jeffpatton.net/

Comment

Glad to hear it. I suppose a high pressure air supply would be ideal. someday I'll buy a compressor.

Comment

I have a small airbrush compressor that I got at a local hobby shop for my airbrush that I use for mild buildup on my puters and if more drastic measures are nesassary then I take them out to the garage and blow them out with my big compressor but I still limit the pressure on that so Im not blowing chips off the main board

The leaf blower sounds like a pretty good idea, but care should be taken as mentioned above. Also I would recomend removing any cards like video, sound... as if you blow on the side of them you take the risk of the air pressure bending the card and causing fractures in the PCB and could result in odd intermitent errors or a complete faliure...

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
        X