Cool Book....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Book....

Hey guys... one of my friends, Paul Debevec, is one of the authors on this cool new book. You guys should check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/012...lance&n=283155

ahh good been waiting for this, have you had a read through yet? inside word?

Comment

Originally posted by R2J2
      ahh good been waiting for this, have you had a read through yet? inside word?
      nope not yet... on my amazon wishlist. Mostly reading books on having a baby these days...

Comment

nice
        babies don't come with manuals? kinda like max 8. I've a lot to learn

Comment

"Includes a DVD-ROM with over 4 GB of HDR images as well as source code and binaries for numerous tone reproduction operators for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X "
          Hot digity damn! Are these HDRs half decent?

-- DJ

Comment

HDR

Heh Chris this seems like perfect timing. I am just going going through your second Gnomon DVD trying to get my head around linear space and Gamma correction. Was also playing around with AE 7, the new HDR support really rocks especially for glows and blurs.
            This book looks a might bit technical for me, I was never that good with the old curves, graphs and pie charts, my brother is the technical one in the family ( AE / Compression genius ) I'll get him to check it out before getting it.

Thanks for the head's up,

Comment

Are these HDRs half decent?
              I second this question, if they are decent I'll buy them asap.
              =:-/
              Laurent

Comment

wow. i havent been keeping up on what adobe was doing AE7 looks really really cool

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by priad
                  Are these HDRs half decent?
                  I second this question, if they are decent I'll buy them asap.
                  Not sure... I am sure they are really high quality, but I think they are geared for peopel that want to study HDRIs and understand them.

As far as how technical it is, I am sure it works both ways. That is one thing that I like about Paul, he has an amazing ability to explain complicated things in a really simple way.

Comment

Ok thanks I have order one (not for hdr but for technical info on them), but amazon said to me that it will be shipped the 4 april 2006 .
                    Why?
                    Laurent

Comment

Sounds like it could be more 'technical' than 'arty', which will of course be useful for many, just not me. The DVD alone, however, may make the book a worthwhile purchase.

I saw Debevec at Siggraph and he certainly knows his stuff. Very interesting listening (though reading, well, err, maybe not).
                      Kind Regards,
                      Richard Birket
                      ----------------------------------->
                      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Hi,

Great tip, just received a copy. It's very technical. A lot of heavy formulas, algorithms, equations etc. You definitly need knowledge of mathematics to read it. Personally I like reading algorithms and source code So just the right book for me.
                        As far as I saw the HDRImages on the DVD are normal pictures, no panoramas. There's also some source code and binaries. And the scene files for debevecs "Rendering with Natural Light" (For radiance).
                        I would say this book is mainly aimed at R&D people.

Best Regards,

Dieter
                        --------
                        visit my developer blog

Comment

I have mine since today
                          Laurent

Comment

Working...
                          X