Node Error in Viz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node Error in Viz

Well...I now have almost 35 nodes under my supervision......After copying the WRONG ini file over to every computer and then fixing that.....I have another problem....

A couple of the computers just give me a "Unknown error while loading application" It does this immediatly. I can start viz local from the user's computer and it starts...renders a ball, rpc, etc....fine.....but I can not start it from my manager.......Unknown is very vague and helps me not...lol So I really have like 10 servers and 25 that do not work....hehe...Not that bad....but close..... Any suggestions are appreicated.....

Thanx

Eric Camper
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

are we talkin about network rendering or DR?
    a: DR depends on how many liscences you have as well as note b:
    b: windows is screwed when it comes to connections over 10

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Just network rendering.......I am trying thee one at a time..........and I have always had over 10.......I have narrowed it down to all of the CIVIL computers......what should I have my network guy check....BUt one of the computers in that room works fine....weird...

Edit:

I have tried rendering scanline just to see, and I get the same error......I see that DR has a 10 comp limit, but I am not using DR and I am rendering one at a time, so could have 100000 and it should not matter....Thanx again
      Thanx
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Here is a pic of the monitor and computers that do not work.
        The names on the LEFt are the computer names and I typed in the peoples names for a cheat sheet......

Thanx

Eric Camper
        Studio 3D
        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Ok....Newsflash....

I uninstalled the serversvc as a service and ran it from the backburner folder as a program......and it works fine.......But as a service on THOSE computers it does not.....and only those computers so far.....no matter how many servers I have......Any help is again.......most appreciated
          Eric Camper
          Studio 3D
          www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Hi Eric,

It sounds like you haven't given the backburner service log on rights on those pcs. Open the control panel on those computers, go to administrative tools, then services. Right click on the backburner service and then go to the Log on tab.

Dan
            Dan Brew

Comment

GENIUS........THat's really all I have to say......Thanx......

Weird.......I did not have to do that on the others. I have done that to 3 of them and so far that fixed the problem......If you have an idea why let know......Like to put that one in the book... lol....Plus our It guy is going nuts cause he would like to know also... lol

Thanx
              Eric
              Eric Camper
              Studio 3D
              www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Hi Eric,

Glad you got it sorted, can't really say why some pcs work without modification. The only thing I can think of is if you are logged in to a computer when you sent the job then I don't think you need to give the BackBurner service its own log on rights but if the pc is on and logged in then you do.

Dan
                Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
                X