Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bullettime effect with pf and reactor help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bullettime effect with pf and reactor help ?

Hi

we do an animation of an icerock exploding.

What we plan to do is a bullet time effect also. Scene consists of two parts, a reactor explosion and also particle flow fragments, smaler , flying arround.

my idea for an bullet time effect was to maybe use the motion mixer. as i´ve seen, i need to write out a XAF file of the reactor animated parts. which did work allready.

but no way to write out the particleflow thing.

and at last how do i bring them back to the motion mixer...

any ideas ? we are rather new tho these parts of max..

heeeelllllp pleas,

Tom

ive been able to use a method that stops time. however unfortunately it doesnt slow down then speed up. its just 100% speed - 0% speed - 100% speed. but it can stop anything (even something like aura) while still moving the camera. (sort of) due to my method i cant get motion blur done in max.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hi Tom,
      you can do a bullet time effect with PFlow using scripting. Oleg has posted an example that you could apdopt to your needs:

http://www.orbaz.com/forum/viewtopic...asc&highlight=

Maybe you could combine this with a bullet time animation of your reactor fragments.

If this doesn't work you could convert your PFlow particle animation to keyframed animation. Look in the Maxscript help for "How To ... Transfer ParticleFlow Particle Motion To Scene Objects". Turn on the "Auto Key" button, uncheck "Realtime" in the time configuration dialog and play the animation.

In any case, I don't see a need for the motion mixer (which is used to layer animations of the same object).

Let me know if you need any further help.

Andrea

Comment

Working...
      X