Quadro FX 1100 for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadro FX 1100 for sale.

I've got the card for sale, it's a pny. Never OC'd, works great but I went with a 7800 on my newest machine. It's a bit much for a slave and I thought maybe someone here could use it.

Make me a fair offer and it's yours.

I hope this is ok on the forum, I've never sold a part before.....

Tony

Hi Tony,
    Sorry, I don't want to buy your card, but I was just wondering how you're getting on with the 7800 as an alternative to the Quadro? Is it pretty fast with max? I assume you're using it on a workstation?

Many thanks,

Andrew.
    -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

i had a quadro 1100 but it was so slow for 3d...games, etc.
      geforce 7800 is much faster chip.
      of course the max viewports will run with it in crippled mode (no maxtreme), so the wireframes will still be faster on the quadro.
      but my 7800 is quite fast with directx in max...opengl is almost unuseable though...
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

The 7800 works well in MAX, the problem is that the quadro is agp and my new computer is pci-express. I don't play games so that performance doesn't matter to me.

The performance of the two cards seems about the same to me on my systems. I haven't benchmarked them, I just loaded the same scene on each and I really couldn't tell much of a difference. The scene had 2 million polys in onyx trees.

Comment

Damn! I just bought a new video card for my AGP workstation at home only 2 weeks ago.

And it isn't in the work budget to upgrade the one machine here that could use it, since that machine is scheduled for replacement later this year.

Comment

Thanks Tony & plastic. I'm about to spec a new workstation, and I'm trying to decide whether to go for a 7800 card or a mid-level pro card such as the FireGL 5100, which comes with specific drivers for max. The obvious difference between two cards is that the 7800 has 256MB RAM, whilst the 5100 only has 128MB, but they are a similar price. My current workstation, which runs dual monitors, is an AGP Quadro 980XGL, which has been pretty good, but does struggle at times with high poly counts. When it slows right down, I find myself switching between OpenGL, Direct X and maxtreme to get the most out of it.
            -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

128mb video ram should be ok at the moment, unless you display a lot of textures in max (not recommended as it eats up your main ram really bad - i had scenes that used up 300-400mb just for enabling map display)
              might be different if you are into games as well

i don't know ATI's current drivers but they used to be really crappy 2 years ago. my boss had several old fire gl2 lying around because he had nightmares getting them to work

Comment

My 7800 rocks. No complaints whatsoever...
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
                X