Network Material Paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Material Paths

Instead of having to edit Max texture paths over the network on every single machine on every single project (if that's how you organize it) - is there any way to edit the paths in particular location so every machine reflects the same configured paths?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

We always use unc paths, so never any problems, ( and we have no choice to do so as our computers are set to Z: and the farm to F:

UNC paths are great, dont have to worry about theses things anymore
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Yeah. I'm not sure if you're missing what I am saying or perhaps I understand it wrong.

If you create a new specific directory for a specific project (ie. c:\textures\xyzcompany\), you still have to go to every computer with Max on it and point Max Path Configuration to that shared folder in order to find the new textures - correct?
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

If we set the texture in max using a unc path (browsing trought the network) all the other should be able to find it even if it isn't in the max paths, atleast we don't set it and all our net renders came alright, only our workstation have the maps paths set (sometimes we copy to local folders in the rendernodes to do dr, since must of the times the maps don't came out).

Best regards,
        Daniel Santana
        4+Arquitectos, lda
        Daniel Santana | Co-Founder / Technical Director
        You can do it! VFX
        Lisbon/Porto - Portugal
        http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

before submitting you could also copy/move all used textures and the max file to the same directory (rescource collector script in the utils panel)
          max looks in the local folder first before trying anything else

not nice for working on a scene though

Comment

Usually I collect all maps in one folder with ressurce collect.
            then use .mxp file as alternate path when submitting jobs through backburner.
            Create the .mxp from configure userpaths...
            ptr

Comment

If you create a new specific directory for a specific project (ie. c:\textures\xyzcompany\), you still have to go to every computer with Max
              I've taken to just creating a local directory of the same name, and mapping all my textures in each scene to C:/textures/Jobname.. with a little batchfile to 'sync' the textures across the network to each system. (Xcopy /d = wonderful)

This of course, only for scenes texture heavy enough to not want to include maps.
              Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
              X