Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respower flat rate

hello.
    Anybody here who have used Respowers flat rate- $2000/month rendering service. Thought it sounded realy nice. thougt I will try to bake it in the budget for my next project maby.

/daniel
    Daniel Westlund

That could be a good deal if you need to render a lot with them, but at that pricing, you could quickly build up a farm of your own.

Comment

Yes. I´m about to get a small render farm. but then I got their mail and started thinking. Maby I can´t do whithout a small farm of my own anyway. was just making up my own case study:
      If I have tre works in the pipeline for the next 30 days, Say .all in all its 3 x 750 frames, times 45 minits rendertime.
      that will be 1688 hours of rendering on a single computer say if I by me a small render far with ten times capasity of my work computer say a five node dual core opteron. the will cost me aboute $800 + tax each = $8000. In that case I have seven days of rendering during the 30 days period. If I use Respower to do it the cost per job will be $660 The question here is; Does the respower service work? What kind of rendering speed can I expect? If I knew I could get it done over night that would be super.

I would realylike to have your opinion on this
      //Daniel
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

We have not used them but, I looks like that you have to render your on IR maps... I am pretty sure that you can also do test frames at no cost, or that is what they use to offer... I could not hurt to try a few frames.

Comment

it works pretty well and is fast - all frames start coming of the machines at once in no apparent order - so you need to be careful the file is set up right - test five frames first - it can be a pain when you are waiting for the last few frames when everything else is done, I eventually cancelled my last five frames and rendered them myself - but mostly it works well
          (haven't used pre-calc IR maps but I think you can - no different from using a bitmap really)

Comment

thanks for your input!
            I will try them out on my next major project

//Daniel
            Daniel Westlund

Comment

Working...
            X