importing an XML terrain model into Max8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing an XML terrain model into Max8

I am importing an XML terrain model provided by the civil engineer - but when I import the model it is invisible in wireframe mode. When you set the viewport to shaded you can see the model. I have tried flipping the normals and I have tried all the options in the properties dialog, but nothing seems to work. Toggling edges in the viewport also makes no difference. Does anyone have experience working with xml terrain models ? I am wondering if it is worth using it or better to model from scratch (bit of a daunting task)?
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

try the autoedge button in edge sub object mode. i cant remember if that is what does the trick....but try

Comment

thanks - that does seem to have an effect - but i think the model is too dense to use so I will probably try rebuilding it from the contours
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Working...
      X