Matrix Revolutions - ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Revolutions - ending

Was rewatching the matrix trilogy yeasterday...and well I couldn't undersntad if neo died at the end?
    Any one care to explain if he did or did not and why?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

It's been a while since I've seen that -- and I'm no expert, but yes, I'm fairly certain he died.

I don't remember specific scenes why I came to that conclusion, but he certainly seemed to have that "Messianic" quality whenever they referred to "The One" and how he'd save humanity or whatever. He sacrificed himself for the good of his people... that sorta thing.

Comment

Originally posted by davision
      He sacrificed himself for the good of his people... that sorta thing.
      My evangelical baby sister and her running crew were real big on the Matrix trilogy for this reason. Neo's their near-future Jesus figure -- and he's wicked hot too! I could never reckon how all the killing fit into that comparison, tho. But us Americans are good at looking the other way for that stuff.

Sorry, not trying to derail. #3 was a sick film -- the battle for the dock had me thoroughly rivitted.

Shaun
      ShaunDon

Comment

Yes...If you watch the extras and bonus features with Commentary doc from the Wachsoski Brothers...Spelling ...sorry......

Neo was Jesus ....futuristic of course......Smith....Well.....The AntiChrist.......

The Architect...I think was God...Most of the names are from the bible...Morpheus....The Nebakanezzer...Spelling.....My brother is also a Matrix buff......BUt....they tell you who Neo is in the FIRST movie......Remember the White Rabbit........The guy he gives the disk too, tells him that Neo is his own personal Jesus......Reach out and touch faith people......hehe

Eric
        Eric Camper
        Studio 3D
        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

ooooh the matrix... yet another example of a seamingly good and interesting story that can serve as good entertainment and can has some interesting after thoughts about it... but then, people take way to literally and actually think of it as a truth... kinda like the bible...

It is JUST a story... and was more interesting when it left you guessing after the first one. 2 and 3 was trying to hard to be "biblical" and give you "the" answer. In fact they were under so much pressure to come up with "the" answer, that one of the brothers turned into a woman during the production. Taking the matrix to seriously is the biggest issue I have with it. Loved the first one...

Comment

there was a 2 and 3?? hehe kidding. basically i saw them once and never did see the need to ever have to watch them again. 1 ive seen over and over and over again. as well as matrix revisited. which is a "making of" DVD

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
              ooooh the matrix... yet another example of a seamingly good and interesting story that can serve as good entertainment and can has some interesting after thoughts about it... but then, people take way to literally and actually think of it as a truth... kinda like the bible...

It is JUST a story... and was more interesting when it left you guessing after the first one. 2 and 3 was trying to hard to be "biblical" and give you "the" answer. In fact they were under so much pressure to come up with "the" answer, that one of the brothers turned into a woman during the production. Taking the matrix to seriously is the biggest issue I have with it. Loved the first one...
              wait, your telling me that one of the Wachowski brothers became a woman? That vaguely sounds familiar, but shrugged it off I guess. Did he go through the entire sex change thing? Somebody took the wrong pill... and it might just have been me....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman

wait, your telling me that one of the Wachowski brothers became a woman? That vaguely sounds familiar, but shrugged it off I guess. Did he go through the entire sex change thing? Somebody took the wrong pill... and it might just have been me....
                Not sure if he did the operation, or even the medication. Not sure how fast the transformation was either. But from what I remember, it seemed to be very stress related. Started dressing like a woman more and more.

I'm also fine and very understanding of people that have sexual identy issues... but this was just wierd...

I am sure you can do some internet gossip search on the subject.

Comment

you guys are halarious
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:

Comment

Oh yeah, the other point I was going to make is... Shaun... if you want, you can tell your evangelical Sister that... if Neo is the near Future Jesus, than the Evangelist is a transvestite.

Comment

haha, never been evangelised by a trannie, first time for everything

I thought neo was recombobulated back into the matrix so in the future he will reapear and do it all over again. I found the game, enter the matrix was far more enjoyable then that last two films.

Comment

I've got no respect for the Wachowski Brother's Plagiaristic antics. The first movie was good without a doubt - perhaps cause Sophia Stewart had written it and they were hungry for cash and stole her idea (she had submitted her manuscript to them years prior. All their subsequent sequels sucked.

FYI, she took Wachowski's to court and won:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Stewart
                        http://www.boycott-riaa.com/article/15138
                        I'm boycotting 'V for Vendetta', and for that matter all future Natalie Portman flicks as well...
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

so from all of this spamming above no one has really answered my quesion...did he or did he not die?
                          Dmitry Vinnik
                          Silhouette Images Inc.
                          ShowReel:

Comment

Ahem... 1st reply -- yes, he died.

Comment

Originally posted by davision
                              Ahem... 1st reply -- yes, he died.
                              And thank God for that, maybe they're over and done now! Seriously though. I was still in high school when the first one came out, and my friends dragged me out to see it as I had no idea (not sure anyone did) what the heck it was about. I was stunned in my seat when it was over. Totally loved it. Didn't care how many short stories / general sci-fi concepts / biblical allegory the W bros borrowed from, I was blown away by the whole package.

Then they made two more, and I got really really angry. The first movie succeeded 'cause the audience was clued into the nature of the Matrix along with Neo. After that, I really didn't care -- you knew he was gonna beat the machines -- HE'S FREAKIN' KEANU REEVES!

A lot of my bitterness came from how awesome the two-part prequel from the Animatrix was. I'd rather have seen a movie about the end of the world as it happened in the Matrix, but nope. I guess I'm just an apocalypse nut -- which is why Battlestar Galactica is my new gospel. Oops, new thread!

Shaun
                              ShaunDon

Comment

Working...
                              X