No announcement yet.

Cryengine2: You won´t believe it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday i read that ILM is working together with lucasarts in order to use game technology vor previz and shot layout

so there definetely is a convergence of games and cinema...

in their case, lucasarts has the added benefit of using the final previz as a blueprint for creating games assets (including finished character animations)

cant remember the source of the article, though

Comment

Lucas also has the shinny new render farm too!
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Cryengine 2 has been delayed till 2007 because of DirectX 10, which MS is unwilling to release to the general public until MS Vista is officially released. Important to note the fact that Vista has been delayed quite a bit, a former MS Windows coder that got let go said that 60% of Vista's code has to be rewritten - don't know how reliable this is, could have been said in spite.

/BlueShift
        Saad "BlueShift" Ur Rahman
        saad.ur.rahman<at>gmail<dot>com

"Professional built the Titanic, amateurs built the Arc."

Comment

well, the current demos of cryengine are based on dx9 afaik - wouldnt make sense to use dx10 before its out
          from what i know there arent even developer versions of dx10 availlable

btw: the bigger problem for microsoft is that the new office package is tied to vista, too and has hence been delayed as well - that's what they make their money with after all

Comment

Correction: Crysis has been delayed until 2007.
            http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/698/698899p1.html

Also interesting is the fact that UBI has bought rights to the Far Cry and Crytek engines.

/BlueShift
            Saad "BlueShift" Ur Rahman
            saad.ur.rahman<at>gmail<dot>com

"Professional built the Titanic, amateurs built the Arc."

Comment

And of course Nvidia's Gelato is a result of the shift of film rendering onto the GPU. It won't be long before we are having mainboards with many graphics cards doing our rendering instead of networked DR

Comment

Originally posted by BlueShift
                Also interesting is the fact that UBI has bought rights to the Far Cry and Crytek engines.

/BlueShift
                that was clear from the beginning: early on it was stated that crytek didnt own the IP behind far cry and that leaving UBI for EA would mean they have to give it up

Comment

Well, I hope this means EA (cough) can push this into some of their other project lines. EA on the other hand has a 'no-blood' policy (IE. BF2) for marketing their games towards kids. Kinda takes the realisim out of things...
                  LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                  HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                  Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                    Well, I hope this means EA (cough) can push this into some of their other project lines. EA on the other hand has a 'no-blood' policy (IE. BF2) for marketing their games towards kids. Kinda takes the realisim out of things...
                    *shakes head*
                    marketing games like bf2 towards kids, be there blood or not, seems absolutely ridiculous to me
                    they are doing themselves no favor with that - even over here some (more than enough if it comes to me) politicians keep insisting on banning "killer games"

yea, i guess CryEngine will be used for other games (including ea's ones) a lot
                    in germany there is at least one company using it for development
                    but again - they are doing a fps *yawn*

what i really liked about far cry was the supplied level editor
                    very powerful for landscape creation

Comment

Working...
                    X