..... a positive note.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..... a positive note.....

..... well I think we all can see that NL have provided a far from 'model release' of Maxwell and continue to respond poorly the the anxieties/requests of their customers....... but....... this probably means only one thing.... that they are hyper confident that what they are creating is so good that all/most will be forgiven by everyone when the mists clear..... This, ultimately, must be a good thing for us all......

Not sure of your logic

Not sure of your logic here - ....... this probably means only one thing.... that they are hyper confident that what they are creating is so good that all/most will be forgiven by everyone when the mists clear..... I'm sure your being ironic, right ? in my experience, when there is a baptism of fire, real bad fire, then the mists never really clear, I've used Real Flow quite a bit and tech support was patchy at best - that is going a long time, and a marque product.
    I suppose only time will tell

Comment

look at arnold which was supposed to be the nextgen awsome renderer. they kinda missed the boat and i feel sorry for it since it did look awsome. but most new people to 3d probably havent even heard about arnold

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
        look at arnold which was supposed to be the nextgen awsome renderer. they kinda missed the boat and i feel sorry for it since it did look awsome. but most new people to 3d probably havent even heard about arnold
        Arnold... written mainly by one guy (a nice fun spanish dude)... was never a product for sale. Maxwell, looks like is a complete rip off of the original arnold....

Comment

well. marcoss did plan to sell it. but he just never got it to a point where he was happy with releasing it. but yeah. 1 guy mistake vs a team of people doing crap...shame on them hehe

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

I wouldn't touch Maxwell with a ten foot pole! Opps, make that a ten mile pole!

Most users seem to be beyond frustrated with it and looking at how Next Limit has handled things I wouldn't want to be their customer. They promise the world and deliver shite.

But hey, maybe you are right, they will make Maxwell the way they say they will/would!
            rpc212
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

...... oohhhhh humps....... I posted in the wrong forum.... sorry folks......

..... I was hoping to give a positive outlook for all the many upset Maxwell users who have paid their money and are still waiting......

Please accept my appologies and feel free to delete the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                I've found it interesting that Paul Debevec uses Arnold for most of the HDR theory/tech videos he's done (like the Parthenon movie).

Comment

he must have been one of the few to ever get his hands on it then

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols

Arnold... written mainly by one guy (a nice fun spanish dude)... was never a product for sale. Maxwell, looks like is a complete rip off of the original arnold....
                    So did Arnold have the same approach as maxwell? I remember seeing it in action once. Daniel Martines Lara was showing it in Copenhagen. It was fast and resembled of vray´s irmap thing
                    Daniel Westlund

Comment

..... I was hoping to give a positive outlook for all the many upset Maxwell users who have paid their money and are still waiting......

At least here it will not get locked

Comment

Originally posted by e3di

At least here it will not get locked
                        no. but people will be pissed to see another thread by a mob, happy they jumped the right train And seriously. Some of the users feel harassed by now.
                        Daniel Westlund

Comment

well back in its day arnold was the fastest. on my tower i believe it was rendering at 8min a frame where MR was doing 2 hours a frame, brazil at 1hour a frame, raymax at 45min a frame, vray beta (vray wasnt released yet) at 30 min a frame and max's lightcaster or whatever it was called simply crashed.

Comment

Well its very interesting isn't it...... Maxwell is late and there is lots of anger...... Vray 1.5 is late and there is lots of excitment..... presumably this is down to Vlado and the team providing lots of positive feedback and help on the forum .... (as well as great software ). I'm sure that Maxwell will be great but I am so pleased to have the choice

Comment

i guess the major difference is that vray is already (and has been for a long time) usable for production work while maxwell... well cant tell since i havent used it

Comment

Working...
                              X