Have you been to autodesk site lately - Creepy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been to autodesk site lately - Creepy

I don't know if you are the sensitive sort, I have just been to the autodesk site and saw Autodesk Maya listed for the first time. It is just creepy. I wonder what the hardcore Maya users must be going through, I use Maya every now and then and can't imagine what it would be like to go to Alias and see 3dsmax listed. It's just so strange, Autodesk Maya followed by Autodesk 3dsmax

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=2774123

and on top too!
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

O.K. I call BS on that!

Maya on top! Comeon! Maya should be below because it was bought by Autodesk and Autodesk "owns" Maya so it should be moved down! Alias lost so they play second fiddle.

Seriously though, Maya should be below Max.
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

i wonder which one they'd recommend if you phoned up and asked?
        when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

they'd problably tell you that you're going to need both.

Comment

Another creeepy article

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_..._id=3485&page=

Came across this at CGSociety. At first I thought this guy had worked on 3dsmax for years. When you read the article he was "part of the assets" that the acquired when they bought Alias. What freaks me out is Maya has such a high profile, 100's of Oscars and such name recongition are the autodesk commanders resigned to making 3dsmax their entry level gamers software ? You'd think they'd be doing a parade lap holding 3ds p high saying we won !!! - I have a very bad feeling about this

Comment

Working...
            X