PF Hoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PF Hoe

Has anybody used PF Hoe camera tracking software, thinks it's the baby brother of PF Track. Whats it like, any good? its priced at £60 i think so was just wondering what you actually got for the small price tag.

cheers chaps
    steve

I remember seeing a very good comment on it in 3DWorld mag, hold on a sec and I'll look up what they say..
    2 mins later...
    "With fast and robust auto-tracking, PfHoe is gr8 value for money and ideal for its target audience of aspiring digital filmmakers and independent artists. Rating 9 of out 10."

imho, for £60 you cant really go wrong,
    hope that helps,
    Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

I believe it's only 'fully automatic' tracking. Syntheyes is only a bit more and is much more robust, also Pixel Corps makes an SD-only version of Boujou that works great. Both are around $350 US.

I have both... and both work equally well. Sometimes one will work better than the other on a specific shot, but without trying to examine all the subpixel tracks and what's going on I couldn't tell you why this is.

Comment

icarus is i found was great

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

It was icarus that i originally set out to find but you just cant get it anywhere. Is icarus limited as to what footage etc it can use, i know the PF Hoe spftware you're limited to 720x576.

I tried syntheyes absolute yonks ago, must have been not long after it first came out, it is very good, but i always had trouble getting the scene to export out of syntheyes and in to max at the correct scale, even after checking settings in both apps.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC
            It was icarus that i originally set out to find but you just cant get it anywhere.
            http://files.filefront.com/Icarus_20.../fileinfo.html

some other useful links here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...+called+Icarus
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

cheers rerender, i owe you one so it looks like icarus became PF Track\PF Match\PH Hoe then.

I'm gonna have a play with icarus and the demo of pf hoe see how they compare.

steve

Comment

Check out the newest version of Syntheyes....major, major improvements!!! Most of which came from the users!!!!
                -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Working...
                X