Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting 3D like scene. All photoshop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 3D like scene. All photoshop.

http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/te...eart_damen.htm

What you guys think?

as we were just discussing daforce im not a huge fan of this, maybe im being too critical but you can see that each element is its own PS layer and there are no interaction between the element eg. colour bleed, reflection
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yeah i do somewhat agree with you on that. But even if something is on its own layer you can still have interaction.. he just hasnt seemed to have done that extra work. There is a little interaction tho.. but I would expect more for 11 months work.

Comment

He gets a:

A+ = Overall Effort
        B+ = Scene Setup
        F = Efficiency
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
          He gets a:

A+ = Overall Effort
          B+ = Scene Setup
          F = Efficiency
          yep, reading this
          • The image size is 40 inches by 120 inches.
          • The flattened file weighs in at 1.7 Gigabytes.
          • It took eleven months (close to 2,000 hours) to create.
          • The painting is comprised of close to fifty individual Photoshop files.
          • Taking a cumulative total of all the files, the overall image contains over 15,000 layers.
          • Over 500 alpha channels were used for various effects.
          • Over 250,000 paths make up the multitude of shapes throughout the scene.
          i thougth: "whyever someone would even think of that..."

Comment

im guessing he lives with his parents and has no life/girlfriend

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.edel

i thougth: "whyever someone would even think of that..."

"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Comment

and i thought i need to get a life.....

pfff...
                Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                nuno@ene-digital.com
                00351 917593145

Comment

I suppose I could glue together a bunch of my toe nail clippings and recreate the statue of David, but why?
                  This guy could have mastered a 3d package and created this whole scene in much less time than it took him to do it in 2d. 2000 hours!? Thats 83 1/3 STRAIGHT DAYS!!!!! I wish I had that kind of free time, but I certainly wouldn't spend it doing something like this.

Wow...

Comment

Yeahh, I was definitely impressed until I read how much time it took. Now just imagine what 83.5 days spent working on a V-Ray scene would look like! It'd either be entirely awesome or be totally unrenderable after day 37.

Shaun
                    ShaunDon

Comment

Originally posted by emptyvoxel
                      I suppose I could glue together a bunch of my toe nail clippings and recreate the statue of David, but why?
                      This guy could have mastered a 3d package and created this whole scene in much less time than it took him to do it in 2d. 2000 hours!? Thats 83 1/3 STRAIGHT DAYS!!!!! I wish I had that kind of free time, but I certainly wouldn't spend it doing something like this.

Wow...
                      meh...i get stuff like that all the time from non graphics people about stuff I create. Say a still shot of something. They' re like "why not just take a photograph of it and call it good?" I usually roll my eyes and say something like "I do it for the challenge." Dont make me call you one of those "people."

So who cares if it took him x amount of hours. Who cares of you could master a 3d package and do it in x minus x hours.... You all are missing the point. he did it because he wanted to. Whats ALL THE STUFF WE DO in relation to everything in this world? It doesn't feed the hungry in africa, or create peace in the middle east. We do it because we find it enjoyable. Is it too much to assume that he just did it for the same reason?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                      X