Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

max problem: zoom extents on very large model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max problem: zoom extents on very large model?

I'm working on a project for a 22km long bridge, and I'm having trouble seeing the whole area (about 30km x 20km) in max viewports. When I zoom extents, it only allows me to see a small part of the model about 4km wide. Does anyone know if there any way around this in max?

Thanks,

Andrew.
    -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

in perspective mode (and using max in general) you will run into problems with very large scenes
    the higher the distance to a given part of the model is compared to 0,0,0, the lower the accuracy of a given (vertex) position
    maybe you can adjust the camera/persp view using viewport clipping

other than that, try user mode

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's much as I thought - an inherent limitation with max. I've come across it before, especially as you say the loss in accuracy at large distances from the origin, but I just wondered if I had missed a key setting that might resolve being able to see the whole model. Unfortunately, the User views has the same limitations as the orthogonal views. Looks like I'll have to live with it and make do with panning around 4KM sections at a time. Thanks for the suggestions.

Andrew.
      -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

Working...
      X