Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avi darkness

Hi

When rendering out an animation from the Ram Player - the final avi outputs somewhat darker than the original. When it is output to an .mov - its fine.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Yeah i get the same problem ... probably something to do with compression ? ... i would like to know the answer as well ..
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

This is when using the Intel Indeo codecs - I normally use the huff codecs but mainly for final compression as they create massive files.
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

one of the tricks that compressors use is to darken and brighten footage so that the darks get crushed to black and the lights burn out to white so it can compress block areas of the two really heavily. Only way to do it is use a higher quality compressor like sorenson 3 under quicktime or xvid for windows.

Comment

Avi's use videocard overlay - Quicktime doesn't. Use your GfxCard video overlay settings to adjust
          Jonas Andersen
          Cadpeople | Visual Communication
          www.cadpeople.com

Comment

Also described here:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...=quicktime+avi
            Jonas Andersen
            Cadpeople | Visual Communication
            www.cadpeople.com

Comment

A funny thing about saving movs from RamPlayer - select any other codec than Sorensen (mpeg4 f.ex.) and save... Select once again another codec and save... Select another compression and save... Then compare the files!

Fun.

Regards, Michael
              This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

Working...
              X