• Show
Clear All

• modo 201 is out!

http://www.luxology.com

As of now, it seems.
    Good modelling everyone!

Lele

Finally!

It works great - renders well and quick, models quick. The layer-based texturing engine is pretty cool but I think it will take a little while to get used to.

#1 on my list, though, is full multi-layer mesh painting. I've done a few tests so far exporting OBJ's from Modo and importing into Max/Viz (for some reason the FBX export crashes my Max)... it comes in correctly with UV mapping. That advanced OpenGL is fun to play with too, painting bump maps /opacity maps/displacement maps in realtime with viewport feedback. #2 has to be the 'realtime' rendered preview window.

The only thing missing (other than animation) is a Zbrush-like displacement painting environment. You can paint displacement, but in the viewport it shows up like bump mapping until rendered. Guess we'll have to wait for Mudbox before there's a non-Zbrush displacement option.

Comment

mudbox or silo 2
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

So Modo 201 is out. What about Image Synthesis filter? Can Modo users get this and can one buy this filter separate from Modo 201?

Supposedly, Modo 201 users were to get this Adoibe Photoshop filter for free for the delay of Modo 201.

I would like to get this filter so that is why I ask.
        rpc212
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

yes yes yes yes

Imagesynth is a separate PS filter, thank god!

It looks SO smart, makes images behave apparently like they always should have (well, in my imagination, that is).

I couldn't find any news on it yet, but i remember from old forum posts that the beta for that went ahead separately from modo.
          And i seem to remember mr. Peebler citing the PS plugin on that 600+mb Quicktime of a modo presentation, a while back as a separate app for everyone.

fingers crossed!

Lele

Comment

Modo 201 is working out very well. Not tied the 3D painting yet, but the surfacing/rendering is very good.

Yep, ImageSynth is included in the download. Works exceedingly well. Photoshop's Pattern Maker isn't even a close contender. It also very good at making existing seamless textures noticably less "tileable".

Comment

Yep, ImageSynth is included in the download.
              So can we non-modo 201 users buy ImageSynth by itself?
              rpc212
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

that's exactly what i meant: i remember Brad saying so: it will be available to everyone, independantly from modo (he mentioned something like websites backgrounds, or something).
                It's apparently also developed by one guy alone...
                All from that 600mb quicktime i found on the web (prolly at the luxology forum, somewhere)

Lele

Comment

What about architectural scenes?

Do you think modo have a similar 2d spline toolset now, or is modelling still based on 3d primitives? ..it's so sad that max have pretty nice 2d tools to fiddle around with imported 2d drawings.
                  oh.. yes - can modo import acad drawings?

i'm so sick of max ...
                  www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Working...
                  X