• Show
Clear All

• VRayWiki?

ZBrush Wiki, any plans for VRayWiki?

http://www.zbrush.info/site/index.php/ZBrushInfo_Home
    "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

i thought there was

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

www.vraywiki.com

edit: looks broke
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

that would be nice.
        i could probably setup one, if noone else does.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ight=vray+wiki

There was another thread about it but i cant find it.

Seems it didnt have enough interest.

Comment

www.thevraywiki.com
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Comment

lmao, well said rerender

a wiki would be great, but i wouldn't be posting any goodies there, for one.
                particularly as the number of noob warez users would be overwhelming.

it'd be like the free part of this forum all over again, just possibly worst

my 2 cents

Lele

Comment

it could however be a private and locked wiki, and to apply you'd have to proof for example by sending a pm on the board

Thorsten

Comment

that would defeat the whole idea of a wiki.
                    net vandalism, as seen in the free forum, usually only starts because of restrictions.
                    and who would be willing to moderate, collect and publish quality information for free? if everyone can participate, there is actually hope that things can get running.

i'm more concerned about the rights of published text, tutorials, images etc.
                    if a vray wiki was compiled out of the best threads of this forum, or the vray manual, i'm not sure if that would be legal, without the explicit permission of every involved author, etc.
                    Marc Lorenz
                    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                    www.marclorenz.com
                    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

I set up a wiki but no one particiapted in building it.
                      The server got upgraded last week, but I didnt fix it yet.

I would put a higher priority on it if people particiapted more.

Edit: BTW I had also already talked with Vlado about using the manual to put info on the site. He said it was ok. I started with the basics and outlined things. But no one contributed anything except a few Links.

Comment

Well it's a good idea but everyone currently posts questions and answers here or at the Evermotion forum. I'd think you would have to get a wealth of information together first in order to attract users to it.
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Whew! True all I suppose. Maybe more direct stickies or perhaps a directory to add to the board to get directly to the meat. Search works
                          great but can often result in lengthy post ready to get the kernal out
                          of it, a-la-LWF posts and so on. Just a thought. Lol I like the ones where
                          Vlado or one of the masters put an end to it and make a sticky post, easy
                          for reference. But I suppose to truly understand the subject you have to
                          read through it all, seeing other users questions tend to answer your
                          own as you read, all hail the board.
                          "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

Working...
                          X