Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$Billion Dollar Choice$$$

A hypothetical situation:

1) A meteor the size of a bowling ball strikes your house and removes your leg and destroys your computer. On the other hand, you are super rich (billionaire) cause you found a meteorite. They are worth 10x their weight in diamonds.

2) You can have a billion dollars, but in return you cannot use a radio, mp3 players, watch TV, computer, or go to the movies for the rest of your life.

3) None of the above. You continue to live your life as is.

What would you choose and why?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

2 for me

wouldnt need the comp to make money anymore...not bothered about tv and movies.

you didnt mention music....that might change my answer though

Comment

Sure did - radio and if you like mp3s youre screwed too. Hmm, I should add Mp3 players too.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

#2.

I wouldn't miss the T.V. (hate it!) or movies, or the radio too much, but my leg, I wouldn't give up.

I would make my own music.

Comment

Just one leg is gone? You can buy one heck of a prosthetic leg with a billion dollars. Plus you can more than buy everything back.

#1 all the way!

Comment

#2 - I'll just listen to CDs and be adventurous around the world. Lots of sky diving, travelling, swimming, skiing!
            rpc212
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

#1 Prosthetics for the win. And if I had US $1,000,000,000 then the data lost on my destroyed computer is trivial. I don't think people realize how much a billion dollars is. That's enough money to put you in the top 800 richest people in the world. The interest alone on a billion dollars in a passive investment (no management) would total $40-50 million a year.

Comment

well gee. some morons out there actually believe that barbados is an island with stone age technology so no radio TV, computer, mp3 etc etc to miss so they would think #2 is perfect for me. however ill go with option #3 since i love all the comforts of a modern society and im quite happy with my life

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

#3 Because I don't think a billion dollars would be enough to breed camels small enough to fit through the eye of a needle
                  Ben Steinert
                  pb2ae.com

Comment

#3 all the way!
                    Life imo is nice when fought to achieve, not when achievemnt falls from the sky

Lele

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with #1. I actually found a lump in my ankle a few weeks ago and had a whole 'what if they had to cut my leg off' thought going on, trying to figure out what life would be like. In the end, I thought, "Ohh well, I'd have one leg and prosthetics today are pretty darn good. And having one leg would make a great conversation starter" Luckily ended up being nothing serious.

So, bring on the meteorite! (Only drawback with this is you'd probably have to buy an automatic transmission sportscar since shifting with one foot's not easy...)

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter
                        So, bring on the meteorite! (Only drawback with this is you'd probably have to buy an automatic transmission sportscar since shifting with one foot's not easy...)
                        All the really good expensive sports cars come with paddle shifters - shifter buttons on the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
                          All the really good expensive sports cars come with paddle shifters - shifter buttons on the steering wheel.
                          Yeah... I guess that would work out okay (Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari... and of course an actual Subaru rally car), but there's still something nice about actually having a clutch.

Man, a billion dollars... think how many render nodes that could be...

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter
                            Man, a billion dollars... think how many render nodes that could be...
                            A billion dollars and you're still thinking about work.....

Comment

As I spend an hour a day flying through the air on my skateboard at age 41, I appreciate my legs way too much. Life is too short and should be enjoyed to the fullest. Don't need the amenities of life, but a billion dollars donated to a good cause is better than not. #2

Comment

Working...
                              X