• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $300 Intel Beats top AMD FX in Rendering

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...px?i=2795&p=11
    Eric Boer
    Dev

I'm assuming high score is better, right? I wish they would put these benchmarks in seconds because some random number is really meaningless to us all. How much better is 486 to 421? .5 of a second or what? Never the less, interesting.
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Yep. That's what people have been posting all over lately. Supposedly AMD is supposed to launch an up-coming counter-attack soon. In 2007, there is speculation that they will be rolling out quad-cores.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Intel should have quads about the same time

I cool thing heard about the x2's is that a chipset is coming too allow two to run together on one motherboard

edit: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1988736,00.asp

mmm, 2x x4 = 8x8

another cool thing about the intels is that for the first time in a long time they are unlocked and allow for oc'g
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

ummm. hello. boxx tech has been showcasing those systems for a little while now.

http://www.boxxtech.com/products/apexx4_Config_Intl.asp

not that pc magazine would know about that since if you do a search for hell, comcrap, and the others you will find them. but pc magazine will turn up nothing if you type boxx into a search. the people who usually read it are office people. not graphic people.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
            ummm. hello. boxx tech has been showcasing those systems for a little while now.

http://www.boxxtech.com/products/apexx4_Config_Intl.asp

not that pc magazine would know about that since if you do a search for hell, comcrap, and the others you will find them. but pc magazine will turn up nothing if you type boxx into a search. the people who usually read it are office people. not graphic people.
            Umm, hello, these will cost somewhere around $2000

based on the x4's (or whatever they will call the quad equivilant of the x2's) they are not based on the expensive opteron 8 series.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

i know. but like any boxx you can easily build your own for cheaper. im just pointing out the quad mobo's are not as new an item at pc magazine makes it out to be

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

oh. my bad. hehe. i had clicked on a link to pc magazine from another forum and i clicked on yours as well. his was showing the 4x mobos. yours is dealing with chips. i got the two mixed up.

Comment

mm, ok, anyways these will be dual socket boards which have been around even longer.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

It is better to wait and see. Those new intels are not 64 bit and those benchmark numbers will change after max 9 64 bit edition. I don't want to jump right away.
                    --Muzzy--

Comment

as far as i know conroe is 64 bit processor....
                      teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy
                        It is better to wait and see. Those new intels are not 64 bit and those benchmark numbers will change after max 9 64 bit edition. I don't want to jump right away.
                        The core duos (laptops) are not 64bit but the Conroes (core 2's) are and are the chips benchmarked above. They are said to have a better implementation of emt64 than previous intels.
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                          Originally posted by muzzy
                          The core duos (laptops) are not 64bit but the Conroes (core 2's) are and are the chips benchmarked above. They are said to have a better implementation of emt64 than previous intels.
                          Totally missed that, Thanks Rerender
                          --Muzzy--

Comment

Working...
                          X