Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates

And here i was thinking that Bill Nighy was wearing prosthetics. infact its full CGI motion captured on set
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Jones_(Pirates_of_the_Caribbean)

best to copy paste to get the words in () as well

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

"Each five second sequence of Davy Jones took two to three weeks to complete."

...And suddenly architectural CG doesnt seem so bad.

Comment

all i can say is WOW!! hehe

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster
        "Each five second sequence of Davy Jones took two to three weeks to complete." ...And suddenly architectural CG doesnt seem so bad.
        Yeah, and imagine how many people they had working on it for those 2-3 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster
          "Each five second sequence of Davy Jones took two to three weeks to complete."

...And suddenly architectural CG doesnt seem so bad.
          I would love to have that kind of time for one shot, I usualy have 2-3 weeks for 15 shots :P
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

It's probably much more than 2-3 weeks per shot if you factor in any/all of the R&D, Modeling, Shader design, tests, etc that were done prior to doing each "shot".
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yeah - I think the best breakdown I've seen about this type of stuff is on the Star Wars Ep. III features DVD:

910 people took 70,441 hours to produce 1185 frames (49 seconds)

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter
                Yeah - I think the best breakdown I've seen about this type of stuff is on the Star Wars Ep. III features DVD:

910 people took 70,441 hours to produce 1185 frames (49 seconds)
                Do you remeber what shot was this for? Opening sequence?
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

For 49 seconds of the Mustafar lightsaber dual between Obi-wan and Anakin.

Comment

Eek

Comment

Working...
                    X