history of 3d graphics resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• history of 3d graphics resources

Does anyboday have any links for good info on the history of 3d graphics from its earliest days on to the embracement by Hollywood and further?
    Regards,
    Erik N

"Second to the right and straight on 'till morning!"

Terrence Masson's CG101 is a pretty good "Book" reference... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073...lance&n=283155
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ha. I saw the thread and I was gonna say.... There used to be this crappy book called CG 101..... Dlparisi beat me to it. It does tell a bit of history. I would check it out from the library.
      www.studio2a.co

Comment

I found a huge illustrated site on this topic a while ago... I can't find the bookmark now though. I will look for it at home.
        "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Thank you for the tips. I will check out the book. That link to the site you mention, Clifton Santiago, would be great! I am doing a short paper on the subject, you see, and, surprisingly enough, the subject ' History of 3D graphics' is not existing at wikipedia, and googling it provides no obvious links.

Do you guys, by the way, reckon Tron to be the first feature film to incorporate 3d graphics and CGI on a major scale, or does it have any predecessors?
          Regards,
          Erik N

Comment

Here it is: http://accad.osu.edu/~waynec/history/lessons.html
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Looks very good. Thanks!
              Regards,
              Erik N

Comment