No announcement yet.

Finally speed improvement in max 9 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally speed improvement in max 9 !!!

check this out: http://download.autodesk.com/global/...peed_large.mov
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

the computer running max 9 probably has a 1gig video card
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Ya, I want to see Max 9 on a "regular" computer; not some incredible workstation that has 8 gigs of ram and a 1 gig video card!

My machine is a 3.2 P 4 with 2 gigs of ram and a 128 mb video card. How would Max 9 perform on that?

The video is impressive non-the-less, as long as the performance boost, percentage wise, is similar on machines running Max 8 that aren't bleeding edge. If not Autodesk just forced us all to buy new computers and OSes to get better performance from their software.
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

That's exactly what they were showing last night - a Dell with 8 gigs of Ram on 64 bit. They showed a crowd animation of 3 million polys (1000 people) runnnig at the same time in the viewport. The also demo'd gmj's virtual city of London - over 12 million polys in the viewport. Other than some viewport improvements, they really didn't touch upon much else. Seems like they have some character animation improvements and Mental Ray.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

speed yes please

god if ma's only change was an increase in viewport speed it would be worth the upgrade. max is so bad at its display system.

i was hoping they would just start from scratch for a 64bit version
          shame really.

Comment

Nah - doesn't look like they started from scratch. And it's still a little jumpy looking.

Comment

8 gigs is huge

The different with 8 gigs of ram is instense, compared to 2 gigs under XP - I doubt they would need to do anything to the software to get a speed increase. The video is impressive, but then again demo's always are.
              I wonder where they developing anything else over the year at all. It seemed through the forums that people where seeing something really special - where did that all that special stuff go ? - or was it my imagination.

Comment

There are some modeling improvements I hear - but it seems like they did a lot of character-related/animation work.

Comment

As I am writing this I am waiting for a paint deform on a rather dense site mesh...

Comment

you need max 9 sawyer
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02
                      you need max 9 sawyer
                      That may be. And because I am a good discrete consumer I get it as I am on subscription. Now I need a new comp, and to loose 10 lbs.

Comment

you will have to fork out a lot of $$$$$ for a machine like the demo machine they used at siggy.
                        Chris Jackson
                        Shiftmedia
                        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Are you at Siggy? I am wondering how it compairs to the last 2 years in LA.

Comment

dude, im not there.
                            just from what i have heard the demo machine on the poly viewport demo has 8gb of ram and a 1gb video card.
                            Chris Jackson
                            Shiftmedia
                            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yep, 8 gigs of ram and a 1 gig video card. I'm not there but this is what was reported by other actually who attended the Autodesk release party. Ya, we all have those knd of machines sitting around. Gosh, I can't give them away for crying out loud! What is Autodesk thinking demoing on such a lowsy computer.
                              rpc212
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                              X