Congratulations Chris!

Very photoreal!

cheers!
    Peter Brauner
    VFX Artist
    Effektfabriken
    http://www.effektfabriken.se/

Comment

Too bad you didn't come Chris - would have been nice to have met you as well as everyone else on the forum. However, a baby is definitely more important than SIGGRAPH. I wonder what city they'll have it in next year. You are always spoiled having it in California!

I made it to the show late yesterday - the first day of open exhibitions. So, I didn't get many photos. Will try for more later today. I kept looking for the Vray/CGArchitect/ASG booth and expected it to be small. I found out towards the end they were right in the middle of the floor with a huge booth - much larger than 90% of the exhibitors there. The last place I intended to look...:

From left: someone talking with Vlado off camera, Corey from ASGVis, Peter with no sleep, Torgeir (EGZ), and Torgeir's co-worker Colin. I had to do some convincing to take this photo as they were very tired and working hard. Plus, most of them have over ten hours time difference from their countries. Everyone was was very friendly and funny.

We grabbed a bite to eat in Harvard afterwards. Then, the rest of the goup headed back to their hotels. Torgeir and I went to Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square and drank all night to semi-bad yet entertainingly-fun 'alternative' karaoke.

LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Great stuff dude. Keep em coming.

Get one of Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
          Get one of Vlado
          jeah it have a touch of charlie
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
            I wonder what city they'll have it in next year. You are always spoiled having it in California!
            Thought next year was San Diego. Could be wrong but if its so might have to bring the kids.

Comment

hey, thats itneresting to know that you guys ahve a real face, but i am still thinking vlado is made from a light effects , lol where is he in the pictures???
              natal - brazil

Comment

It Can't Happen Here - Sinclair Lewis

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." Sinclair Lewis - 'It Can't Happen Here'

Sinclair Lewis, the first American to receive the Nobel Prize For Literature, wrote this satirical political novel in 1935, a time when the United States and Western Europe had been in a depression for six years. In this novel, Sinclair Lewis asks the question – what if some ambitious politician would use the 1936 presidential election to make himself dictator by promising quick, easy solutions to the depression - just as Hitler had done in Germany in 1933.

The hero, Doremus Jessup, a small-town newspaper editor in Vermont, turns 60 years old the year the dictator is elected. Doremus struggling for a year with the new government’s attempts to censor his paper and ends up in a concentration camp. Within a year he escapes to Canada [lets hear if for good old Canada !!!], from there, he goes on missions back into the states for the underground resistance movement against the dictatorship.

While Doremus Jessup could be anybody, the identity of Buzz Windrip, the power-hungry senator who makes himself a dictator would be obvious to any American in 1935. Parallels are made in his dictatorial control of his own un-named state with the career of Huey Long, senator from Louisiana. In 1935 Long had a mass organization, the Share the Wealth League, and was planning to challenge Roosevelt for the Democratic nomination for the president in 1936. (While Lewis was writing his novel, Long was assassinated.)

The identity of the main ally of the fictional dictator would be equally obvious, Bishop Peter Paul Prang, the popular radio preacher who endorses Buzz Windrip’s campaign, is based on Father Charles Coughlin, the most popular radio speaker of the thirties who had a weekly program on CBS in which he denounced President Roosevelt and the Jews for causing and perpetuating the depression. Father Coughlin’s fans included the father of Pat Buchanan, a candidate for the Republican nomination for the president in the year 2000.

http://www.motherbird.com/Can'tHap.htm

http://www.english.ilstu.edu/separry/sinclairlewis/

I'm going to get in trouble for going too far off topic but i find this stuff fascinating. The political mess the World is in at the moment has been seen before.

Haven't looked at that documentary yet - thanks for the link.

Comment

Hey- stop hijacking!

Comment

Yes, a little less talk and a lot more pictures.

I can't believe out of all the geeks at siggraph, juju is the only one with a digicam.

Are you all wowed so much by meeting Vlado and Peter that you forget to get their pic?

Comment

Thanks Adam,

Have to give that book a read!

Sorry to everyone for going off topic. Got a little carried away with the "Dongles of Mass Destruction".

On that note let's see more pictures and one of the Dongle and nicely packaged Vray 1.5 disc!
                      rpc212
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

I can't believe out of all the geeks at siggraph, juju is the only one with a digicam.
                        Thanks for calling me a geek.

No - I didn't forget. Vlado and Peter both had little sleep and also jet-lag. 1/2 hour sleep to be precise due to work from the night before - they were both put down their heads at the restaurant. It was pretty funny actually. They also both said they didn't want their pics taken cause they were so tired and I don't blame them one bit. After much persuasion, at least we got Peter into the photo.

Will be heading back tomorrow and try to grab some more. And yes - there has to be more people with cameras out there...

Comment

Sorry, Juju, didn't mean to offend.

I guess it didn't come out exactly how I intended.

Comment

Finally, ...

Peter looks great, knowing all the sleepless nights he had.
                            Nice shot juju.

Best regards,
                            nikki Candelero
                            .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

These days to be a geek is almost a good thing

its the nerd you want to avoid :P

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave
                              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

keep em coming juju!
                                Chris Jackson
                                Shiftmedia
                                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                                X