Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 1.5 at SIGGRAPH; how about some info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5 at SIGGRAPH; how about some info?

O.K.

Can those at SIGGRAPH tell us about Vray 1.5 and what Chaos is showing and anything else pertinent to us Vrayers out here in the either of non-SIGGRAPH attendance?

Cheers!
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

How about someone takes some snaps of the Chaos booth for us?

-- DJ

Comment

Ya, Lets see the Chaos booth ect!

Anyone?
      rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

big things in vray 1.5 are the physical camera which has settings that change depending on whether you are simulating a still, video, or cinematic camera. it has some nice ui built into it so you can kind of see what kind of distortion you'll get and what your focal range is.

there are a bunch of new shaders. FastSSS shader for skin, Dirt shader for AO, a vray blend material that can take the place of shellac so its much faster, vray 2sided material, a cool overide material that lets you overide things on a per material basis. What this does is allows you to have your base material and overide how its used in the gi calc or how it appears in reflections or refractions. Also they now use render elements in the same way that the scanline renderer does and the number of individual elements available are like 30 I think. They've also added some additional settings to the vray light so you can set the light output a bit more accurately. and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

Its a nice update indeed!

V Miller

Comment

cool tkx for the info Vance3d, keep it coming

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I know render elements, like the Max scanline, are in with the ability to save out a Combustion workspace! More shaders sounds cool! I just can't wait to try this stuff!
            rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Originally posted by rpc212
              I know render elements, like the Max scanline, are in with the ability to save out a Combustion workspace!
              However, that doesnt mean they will be placed and organised properly inside the workspace, I mean maybe they will be dropped without caring about blending modes and layers order. If it was the case, the whole export to cws things would be rather useless...
              My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
              Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
              Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

However, that doesnt mean they will be placed and organised properly inside the workspace, I mean maybe they will be dropped without caring about blending modes and layers order. If it was the case, the whole export to cws things would be rather useless...
                Hmmm . . . I don't know.

Maybe Vlado could verify how the render elements will be organised when saving out a Combustion Workspace?

Will they be organised properly like when outputting a CWS out of Max?
                rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                X