• VUE 6

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6/

some very impressive stuff here.......

Check out the underwater stuff da_elf
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Pity about the music

Looks great - pity the music is so bad - it seems like there has to be a catch - it looks to easy that this software can do so much - really impressive range of environments and tools.

Comment

nightmare... I've worked with vue for 4 weeks, I respected my deadline.. but since then... something has broken, 3D isn't the same since i worked with this HORRIBLE application... never never again
      http://www.3dna.be

Comment

I had Really bad aliasing with the renders and horribly long render times to try and get rid of it. At the beginning I had some connectivity issues with Vue and Max using Xstream (scale is worked out in a different way b/w the packages)but these where resolved.

I hope the new version is a lot better, as it has a lot of potential.

Comment

The guy I work with here has I think Vue5 and the only thing worse than the software is the support aparently. He's had nothing but trouble with it and dont says dont even think about using the max x-over plugin as its aparently extremely unstable. He's tried to get support but is continously ignored, and I get similar stories from other licenced users

No way I'm touching that one

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I only used Vue 4 but I found the promises they made with the importing of objects in that version were very exagerated. The software did a certain type of landscape well. It also did a certain type of sky well but nothing with full fluffy clouds only thin wispy clouds.

Comment

Well, I'm thinking I may end up going with the Ozone plugin for Max. I just want a sky generator and Dreamscape's pricey for this. Ozone ($200) would fit the bill, and you could always just render out an HDR pano of the sky and use that if it doesn't integrate well with Vray. Then, buy a plant generator and you can at least control the images using Max/Vray instead of Vue.

When I tested it a while ago, it was sloooow rendering to get any level of AA I would consider acceptable. I've thought of getting it for digi-mattes, but still it's yet another program to learn.

Comment

dreamscape maybe pricey, but i think it´s worth the money. The quality and features are just great. There´s some drawbacks and development is not the fastest. But i still dig it.

Thorsten

P.S. On Topic : I hate Vue with a passion...sadly i only realised that AFTER we bought a lic. Price policy is a slap in the face, rendertimes are laughable and that so-called Max Integration that is even horribly expensive makes me want to burn the CDs :P

Comment

There has to be nothing worse than software that over promises and way under delivers! What are the developers thinking? Right, money!
                  rpc212
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                  X