X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impressive fluids

nice fluids : http://graphics.stanford.edu/~fedkiw/

Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

ah i see he has updated. alot of that stuff is really old stuff. good looking stuff however except his stuff is almost pure calculations and really wouldnt be able to handle a production deadline

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

my favorites are at the very bottom where he shared his bodybuilding images. what a hunk! :P

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

If that's what weightlifting does to one's brains, i'm gonna start weightlift NOW!

Lele

Comment

Originally posted by studioDIM

If that's what weightlifting does to one's brains, i'm gonna start weightlift NOW!

Lele
          ROFL. Brings new meaning to the term "meathead"!

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I though that it was his simulator....or a version of it...used for the new Poseidon. Could have swore i read that somewhere. Its pretty amazing the liquid to gas interactions.
            -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

realflow is claiming they did shots on possidon and also flowline is also claiming the same as well

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                realflow is claiming they did shots on possidon and also flowline is also claiming the same as well
                Considering how much time and how many people are involved in a feature production, I wouldn't be suprised if just about every commercially available fluid-sim was used at some point in the process, especially considering how many fluid-sim shots that movie needs.

I think FinalRender was even used for some background plates in the Incredibles, even though Pixar owns Renderman.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
                  Originally posted by Da_elf
                  Considering how much time and how many people are involved in a feature production, I wouldn't be suprised if just about every commercially available fluid-sim was used at some point in the process, especially considering how many fluid-sim shots that movie needs.

I think FinalRender was even used for some background plates in the Incredibles, even though Pixar owns Renderman.
                  Its been quoted that 'Brazil' was used not finalRender.

Comment

Fedkiw worked with ilm to introduce his stuff for posidon indeed. There was an article on vfxtalk or vfxworld...not sure...called something like fluids all around or something along those lines...it mentioned all of them beeing used on poseidon.

Thorsten

Comment

http://www.flowlines.info/index.html

Comment

flowline is dreamy!
                        Chris Jackson
                        Shiftmedia
                        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Hi,

I bought Fedkiw's book about dynamic implicit surfaces but I was quite disapointed. I knew there would be a lot of theory, but I didn't expect that much theory. I thought it would be helpful if you wanted to program a fluid solver yourself, but there is not a single line of code in the book. Only some additional formulas meant for those who already know everything about fluids.
                          If anybody is interested in the book I would make a good price

Best Regards,

Dieter
                          --------
                          visit my developer blog

Comment

Working...
                          X