biped headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biped headaches

I'll just throw this out here in case anybody has run across the same problem...

I have a biped that has 2 layers - the original, and then one on top of that in which I made some basic animations of a rigged axyz character. One of the problems I seem to be having is that when I collapse the top layer down to the original, I lose all of my animation. They keys are still there, but they just don't work!

I'm also having a problem in moving the bipeds and keeping them in position. I use the move all mode, which works sometimes, but in some bipeds it resets the position every time I re-open the max file. I've tried using the 'collapse' button in the move all mode, but then it just moves it back to the original position again.

One more question - why can't I use move all mode when I am in any layer except the original layer? I have a feeling all these problems are related, but I'm just not getting it.

Oh, one other disturbing behaviour is that if I try to save a .bip file from my custom keyed animation, the biped gets all whacked! Almost unrecognizable.

Thanks in advance all you wonderful people.
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com
Working...
X