typical errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typical errors

Are unexpected exception errors alway memory errors?

What about unhandled exceptions?
    "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Look here
    http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...leshooting.htm

But it also depends on what the error message says.
    The error will tell you itself what caused the problem.. albeit somewhat cryptic.

Post the error your having (if any) so we can check it out.

Comment

On server thing48: An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating.

via network jobs

sorry this applies to my other post about the issues I am having with
      a large tour and resources. I have that sorted but this is occuring on
      another groups jobs consistently and there is some disagreement as to
      what the possible causes could be. I resolved the tour issues by following
      the guidelines pointed out in the URL you posted.

I should be able to get a look at these files today.
      "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

Hi Dman3d,

I'm also getting that same error but only on 2 machines. Have you managed to resolve the issue or are you still getting the errors? If you could share your findngs it would be much appretiated Thanks.

I have some other posts and i don't have dual processors, I'm thinking it's probably a memory problem but the 2 machines that crash have the most memory 1GB & 3Gb.
        Greg

Comment

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of these errors on a number of machines. I'm pretty sure they're not running out of memory as I've checked their memory use when the error occurs and it's nowhere near critical.

In my case I think they are caused by a corrupt lightcache file as the error only occurs on networked jobs using saved lightcache files.

If anyone has any more info on this it'd be much appreaciated.

Dan
          Dan Brew

Comment

We get a lot of these too, it's odd but some jobs will fail for a while and then start rendering smoothly. my guess is that it is a network issue where some data is not available to max in time causing it to fail.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

We get a lot of these too, it's odd but some jobs will fail for a while and then start rendering smoothly. my guess is that it is a network issue where some data is not available to max in time causing it to fail.
              Yeah, this is exactly what is happening here. I thought it was a network issue for a while as well but I'm not sure now. The only constant as far as I can see is it only happens when saved lightcache files are used. If I set secondary bounces to none and use the information in the IR map for lighting the error doesn't happen.

Dan
              Dan Brew

Comment

hmm, we do use saved lc's on some passes, maybe it is too many concurrent reads on the LC file. At the begining of a job it is more likely that several machines will need the data at the same time where as the job goes on the start times become more staggered. Not sure how V-Ray is accessing the info, if it is reading the data piece by piece instead of in one big chunk it could be a lot for the server to handle.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Well I'm confused, I've not ruled out a network problem but I'm also getting a lot of frames with dark areas where there should be glossy relfections/refractions which to me indicates a problem with the lightcache.

It'll have to wait for a week because I'm not in the office again until 9th October.

Good luck,

Dan
                  Dan Brew

Comment

I am having the same problem.
                    Is it not that Windows only allows 10 network connections, so it you are referencing a few textures and then your IRR map and LC from one machine you go over the 10 connections then it crashes. If i render the same file just on my machine it is fine but soon as you render it across the network.

cheers
                    Renato
                    Resolution Digital
                    www.resolutiondigital.co.uk

Comment

I get this alot and I'm only having 2 systems (BB2007). Strange thing is that it will dispplay this "An unexpected exception has occured in the network renderer and it is terminating" and stop rendering in the middle of a frame. And it's not a timeout cos it has only been rendering for 6 minutes. I get alot of "idle" machines not picking up their jobs with bb3.01. I finally updated to BB3.02 but that only made my problems worse. The jobs sitting in the list wouldn't start and bb didn't list any servers in the assignement dialog + all of the settings for the jobs in QueMonitor were lost so I could't administrate anything.

Does anybody know what is going on?

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm actually having the same problem, some frames will randomly crash
                        (it's not even the same frames) then when I retry it does render normally,
                        but now I have 2 frames that I cannot render at all and it's getting really
                        annoying, I'm trying the troubleshoot link to see if I will be able to get those
                        few frames rendered.

Comment

Ok, problem solved with the troubleshoot page, I used the Max Bitmap Pager
                          and used the following settings (maybe it might help someone I don't really
                          know, but it surely helped me)

Max. tree depth: 50
                          Min. leaf size: 20
                          Face/level coef: 2.0
                          Dynamic memory limit: 800
                          Default Geometry: Dynamic
                          Render Region division: 32 (my project is rendering faster with this bucket size)

I used the same settings on another project, from a 8mn30 render it's now
                          rendering at 3mn21. (lots of poly / displacement / scatter in the scene)

I hope it will help someone

edit: well.. it rendered one frame and crashed on the second

edit2: I reduced as much as I could textures size without loosing too
                          much quality and it rendered fine (jpeg 80% compression)

Comment

I got the same error message last week when rendering 14 stills. But it only happened on 3 of 4 machines and 5 of 14 images.
                            I use Max 9 x86 SP2, BB2007 and VRay 1.5 Sp1.

Specs of the machines:
                            Terra: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.2Ghz; 2Gb RAM, XP32
                            Kenshin: Pentium 4 @ 3.2Ghz (HT); 2Gb RAM, XP32
                            Titan: AMD Opteron Dual Core 170 @ 2.0Ghz; 2Gb RAM, XP32
                            Cerberus: AMD Athlon 64 FX-70 Quad Core @ 3.0 Ghz; 4Gb RAM, XP64

Cerberus renders everything perfectly fine. Terra, Titan and Kenshin keep giving the same error. Is this a memory problem? (2Gb vs. 4Gb)
                            www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
                            @home:
                            / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
                            / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
                            @work:
                            / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
                            Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
                            / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

Working...
                            X