How much time to model a Lotus Exige?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time to model a Lotus Exige?

I usually do arch vis work, but I've been asked to model a new design for a sports car that is very similar in size and complexity to a Lotus Exige. The purpose of the renderings will be to attract investors to the project. I've done a bit of car modeling in the past just tinkering with modeling techniques and rendering. So I'm trying to develop a quote for how long it will take to model this car. Can anyone give a suggestion as to timeline using basic polymodeling/subdivision surfaces? I know a lot of it has to do with individual skill and experience. Just a rough idea would help. Right now I'm guessing 80 hours just for the modeling. Seem reasonable? Thanks in advance.

Yeah depending on the accuracy of the prints or details you can get about a week or two weeks sounds about right - Especially if it's been a while since you've done one - I did an audi years back and it took about 2 weeks purely down to me fucking areas up and having to redo and start again - admittedly it was my first car and I was flying blind so to say so it depends on how many of the little tricks and workflow bits you can remember, some of which may come when you notice render errors and have to tweak the mesh to adjust it.

Comment

Roughly - 3 days. No interior tho.
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

I should also mention I'll be working from hand-drawn pencil drawings on yellow trace. Very beautiful work. Just not CAD drawings. Some design/build work to do as well.

Hmmm... So somewhere between 24 - 80 hours. 48?

Comment

Cars are always expensive to R&D, I'd go for 80.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

I would say 60 - 80.. so yeah 80

Comment

Quote for 80, then get Paul to do it in 3 days!
              .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Not a bad plan at all - either that or buy a copy of power nurbs for max - should cut down your time an awful lot.

Comment

Working...
                X