Hi to all and here is my first quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all and here is my first quest

Hi to all, I'm new here and please exuse me in advance if I cannot express myself well or will sound not very polite sometimes. This is because of my english imperfectness.

My question is simple I suppose, but I can't find solution till now.
    I want to ask if somebody knows how to set the max or the windows to send me a rendered file as .jpg via mail immediately on render end.

Just want to receive renderings at home and to redirect them to the clients and not to hang as a bat in the office all night. Sometimes deadlines come
    overexerted and because of the hour difference, I'm forced to send previews lately evening.

tnx in advance for any suggest

Hi,

I would recommend a remote desktop solution instead. You can login to your work computer and see your desktop there. Then you can also start renders from home, watch your render queue and so on.

Best Regards,

Dieter
    --------
    visit my developer blog

Comment

you could try tightVNC, it's free and should connect to your work computer (depending on firewall settings...)

Comment

yeah either windows remote desktop or some vnc variation, I now prefer UltraVNC.

3dsmax by default wont send you the final image on completely, but it can send you just an email asking that its completed.
        However there is an option to run a script after completion and im sure one of the script nerds on the forums here can whip something up to accomplish what you want

Comment

Hi Dieter,
          I didn't succeed to install "Remote desktop web service", because there are some missing files on my Windows XP64 OEM install disk. I try Microsoft updates and to search where is the problem @microsoft.com, but it become an endless wander, so I refuse this way.

kimgar, thank for the suggestion. I will try with VNC. I hope to manage this time.

DaForce, The only script I found is able to send (inside MAX5 and not working in MAX7,8 ) a converted to .jpg final render or viewport snapshot via SMTP. But it cannot do that on render end and it has to be initialized manualy. Useless.

regards to all and thanks for the advices

George

Comment

Working...
          X