Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Image As

Hi

I used to be able to right click and save images from the web as jpegs but for some reason, I can only save them now as bitmaps.

I'm using IE 6 - probably hit a setting somewhere but don't know where.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Try this - Open IE Click on Tools > Options > Delete files.

The error you describe can be caused by the file cache being full.

Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

That wont always fix it. ( i have found sometimes)
      IE is bloody stupid.
      http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978
      That has more info.

Also a great little program to clear out IE cache and general temp files is called Cleanup!
      http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/
      when you run it choose options and then change it to custom cleanup and only tick the 2 options "empty recycle bins" and "delete prefetch files".. you can choose to delete cookies as well if you want, but you will need to enter passwords and stuff again for places like these forums.
      Then just hit ok and then click Cleanup... it will clean all temp folders and files a.. IE cache files ..etc..etc.. you can clean up a suprising amount of space.

Comment

Clear your cache, then restart, that should do it.

Oh, and ditch IE, get Firefox

Comment

And then ditch Firefox and get Opera

Comment

Thanks guys, that worked !

How long have you been using Opera and is it good ?

n
            www.morphic.tv
            www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

I have been using opera for years now.. i love it.
              I cant stand FF (not starting flamewar)

Opera is really good. Some nice things like mouse gestures as default... these I us all the time. I only use the keyboard to type in addresses now. Everything else is via the mouse. And if you want to zoom in on a page you can use the plus and minus buttons to zoom in on the WHOLE page.. like as if it were a bitmap and you were zooming it in PS.. its really handy at the end of a long day when your eyes are tired, or you want to see some small details on a render that has been posted

Anyway its got my full recomendation. Mind you I dont like the default setup of opera so i do change alot of the options and some layout stuff but once its there.. its a treat

Comment

if you like ie then try the new ie7 beta. i've been using it for a while now - pretty stable.

it also has tabs and zoom!
                when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Working...
                X