• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics card problems

Graphics Card : Nvidia FX 3500
    Bios Version: 5.71.22.14.06
    Driver: 8.4.2.6

I've got a new ( about 2 months old ) Boxxtech Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor 280 with 3 gigs of ram. For some reason I am getting the strange graphics errors shown above. Really odd things happen particularly within Max 7.5 ( happens in all graphics configurations including software, Open GL, Direct 3D and Maxtreme ) suddenly the cursor appears on the wrong side of the screen, it drives me crazy when you are trying to select anything especially verts.

Does this problem seem familiar to anybody ?

Thanks as always for your help.

Try updating the NVidia drivers, if it doesn't fix it, give Boxx a call about replacing it.

Comment

Could be heat related. Check its temp via the nvidia control panel.

Also I would suggest to do a proper uninstall -> clean -> reinstall of the nvidia drivers

Uninstall the nvidia drivers -> reboot -> run driver cleaner and clean all the nvidia drivers (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php) -> reboot again -> reinstall the latest drivers

If that does fix the problem there is something wrong with the card and it will need to be replaced.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help guys - I sent an e-mail to boxx to see what they come up with. I have the same card at home and touch wood haven't had the same issue- although I was having all sorts of crazy wacom related problems with this system. I might have screwed up something in the process of fixing that.

Thanks again.

Comment

Maybe it's mouse related ?
          I just can't seem to trust myself
          So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          CG Artist

Comment

Bad graphics card

Well I tried installing the latest drivers last night - they seem to have help the problem (to early to say that they have fixed it totally) but after talking to the Boxxtech guys this morning they think my graphics card is on it's way out - they are sending me a new one, great service it should be here tomorrow.

They seemed pretty certain that if I hadn't changed anything on the driver side prior to the problems(which I didn't ) then it is a hardware issue with the Graphics Card - ah the joy of technology !!

Comment

I had this problem loong time ago with my 750 quadro it was bad ram chips on card. To say more now we have boxx workstations and there are 1500 quadro inside. Few days ago on one worksattion monitor start blinking when using max I switched graphic card and the problem was the same on other worstation so it's graphic card thing. I don't know but I think that quadro isn't such a grate thing. I wish boxx started to put standard geforce inside their machines.
              Luke Szeflinski
              :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Recommendations on a new card

Not sure if anybody will look at this post it is an old problem with my graphics card. Boxx sent me a brand new one and guess what - the problems still persist. I have all the driver changes I can imagine but nothing seems to be helping his most annoying problem.
                The IT guys have given up and are going to get me a new card. So other then the Quadro 3500 what would anyboby recommend ?
                I run a dual montior set up 1280x1024, I don't do anything strange just the usual max stuff.
                Any recommendations ?

Thanks as always.

Comment

hehe, don't worry the THIRD card from BOXX was working like it should. First one had the problem I described before, second one when taken out of the box were missing one transistor or whatever (transistor was loose in the box- I was lucky to noticed it when taking card out of the box). I will tell it again I wouldn't get Quadro again. At work I got this 1500 Quadro and at home Geforce 7900GTX. I really don't see any difference maybe only this that on Geforce I can also play soem games .
                  Luke Szeflinski
                  :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Geforce

So you think I get should get a Geforce card. I don't really understand the big difference with the Quadro cards. I didn't really notice a meassureable difference with this new machine even though the card is an upgrade to the FX3500 card from the FX3000. Do really think they sent a second dud card - wow that would be pretty bad. I'll tell IT and maybe they will hit them up for a third card - crazy.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the quadro cards, the place where I work now have 1400's in them and in my opinion they suck ass compared to my 7800gtx at home and this quadro is ok in shaded view but when I'm using wire frame view the fps goes in the toilet.

Trying to convince IT otherwise is like talking quantum physics to a dog, all they see is whats on the box, one is a prof workstation card and the other is a gaming card...

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Dave, your IT dept. sounds like its full of stupid yes men. What serious IT chap would buy something based on whats on the box... lol

Also I too dont think all that much of quadro's. They come in a great shiny box tho... LOL

Comment

Top line gaming card

So your think a top of the line gaming card will do me just as good as the Quadro - I sort of had that feeling, gaming is where most of the 3D opengl technology came from in first place and it is alot more competitive then the old 3D sector. I'll IT on the case and report back. If the problem still persists I my only conclusion is this machine is haunted :P

Comment

for what it's worth I love my Quadro fx4500. I can deal with huge scenes pretty well. I can't wait to get Max 9 for even more perfomance. I know it is out of the range of the 14/1500s but I thought I would put my two bits in.

Comment

Three graphics cards - multiple rebuilds - BAh

Bah Humbug !

So I have been struggling with this same issue for about a month now, been through three or more graphics cards, multiple drivers and a couple of rebuilds. The problem still persists so as the final option Boxxtech are building me another machine. Hard to believe but there must be something going wrong at a motherboard, ram, video card slot level that is beyond my ability to repair.

Who would have thought ? the machine was only a couple of months old - my last boxx was great, maybe they built this one after a couple of beers at BBQ lunch on a Friday ?

Comment

Working...
                              X