Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trailer - Ruairi Robinson film

http://www.ruairirobinson.com/short_films.htm

This sort of feels like cheating because it's not any of my work - but you should check it out a trailer for the new Ruairi Robinson live action film. Looks great - while you're there check out the reel - pretty damn impressive.

what? no one replied yet? this looks really cool. cant wait to see it. i remember when he was doing tests for it with vray. hopefully we will get a press release on this forum about how much of the effects were vray based.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yeh whats up with that

Yeh I don't get it - this blew me away when I watched it first - maybe alot of other people have already seen it ?

Comment

All vray and after effects, nothing else.

Comment

this is good for vray hehe. i remember when arnold was the main talk of the render town and he did 50% with it

_edit_ i mean 50% grey. not that he did 50% of his film with it

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

They're using arnold at illion for planet one now and getting amazing renders - would love to see it now. It was a great tool at the time and it's materials are very similar to vray but vray just blew it away in terms of capabilities.

Comment

Ah - so this Ruari from the forum then? At first that's what I thought - then thought 'nah, this is a hollywood film.'
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

ruairi always did good work. i remember when i used to chat alot with him back in the #3dsmax and #vray days on mirc. havent seen mmyers for a while either, he was working on a film as well

Comment

Undergrad

We actually share the same undergraduate college - NCAD back in Dublin, I think he was a couple of years below me and of course they where my fashion days, didn't really touch a computer until I went to the American Film Institute here in LA, it's seems laughable now, it was only 8 years ago and my parents where like -
                  " they want you to get a computer !! - what for ? "

Comment

my favorite is still "Cutting room chore" loved that one :P

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

He's just stuck up an effects breakdown of some of the shots - worth a look - http://www.ruairirobinson.com/silent...breakdowns.mov

Comment

incredibly well done. has he said what software he's using, mainly renderer?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

As I said earlier, 3dsmax, after effects for comping, vray for all rendering, some dreamscape and some afterburn.

Comment

oops missed that.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Looks good! But something is bothering me...what do u think about the actor?
                              My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                              Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                              Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Working...
                              X