animation to dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animation to dvd

What is the best way to go about saving an animation to dvd with Adobe Premiere to be viewed on a standard TV? Trying to figure this out now since it has become urgent. Previously I looked at the problem but never had success....and had no urgency.....now big time urgency! Thanks for any help!

what version of premiere are you using?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Adobe Premiere Pro v. 7

Comment

Is there not a direct export to DVD in Premiere Pro ? I am sure there is.

Anyway, make sure its exported as 4:3 aspect ratio.
        www.morphic.tv
        www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cristoforo
          Adobe Premiere Pro v. 7
          I dont think premiere 7 was pro at all. Premiere pro 2.0 will do what u need perfectly and maybe some earlier PRO versions. Anyway V7 is too old now...
          My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
          Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
          Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

To put on to DVD is it necessary to use the "export to DVD" option or can I save it in the right format and burn the DVD later? I remember having a problem that Premiere could not find the DVD burner using Windows XP 64. The same animation that I view on the computer cannot just be burned to a DVD to view on a TV? With the PAL standard of 720x560, what will happen to my animation which is 800x700? I know, strange size, but it was a client need to have a particular border around the animation. What then would be the best format (avi, mpg) to use for TV?

Comment

well what look are you going for. i always output widescreen 24p these days since all dvd players now can handle it.

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

My file output will have to remain at 800x700 (or scaled properly to fit the PAL standard). I just cannot get anything to play on a DVD player. I do not know which step I am missing. I cannot "export to DVD," because no DVD burner shows up....even though there is one. Having no luck here.

Comment

did you use a dvd creation program like dvd-it or any of those? and are you using a dvd format file like mpeg2?

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Free avi 2 dvd converter that works in a pinch

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.html
                    "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
                    -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

1. Export from Premiere as a Huff, encoded avi.
                      2. Take into TMPGenc and encode as a mpeg file
                      3. Use a DVD writing program to write the file to disc

I get perfect broadcast quality from this method.
                      www.morphic.tv
                      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

I created the dvd with Nero. The file format is .mpg.....I think I tried .mpg2 but had some problem...have to double check. I downloaded avi 2 dvd creator....though it does not convert from .mpg. When I save the animation in .avi format the quality is always worse. I tried loading an xvid mpeg4 codec, but when I save the animation, premiere crashes. Where do I find this Huff format? Did not see it. Is TMPGenc another program I need? Free?

Comment

question....the dvd's we get from hollywood are they 24p or are they 23.xxxp? ive done tests with true 24p and it works great. however i needed to use AE when doing that since premiere cant do true 24p

Comment

I guess stupid question, but what is 24p???? Well....I saw I setting that I was missing when creating the DVD in Nero.....I was picking data DVD instead of film dvd. It seems that I have done all correct now. When putting the dvd in the computer dvd reader, it seems to read as a dvd. Though, when I put it in a regular dvd player, nothing loads. Maybe something wrong with my dvd player? This has happened in the past trying to watch burned movies. Though, I cannot have this happen for the client!! Is there something I am missing?

Comment

you need to build the proper dvd files/folders in a programme like adobe encore, if you dont it wont always work in dvd players
                              Chris Jackson
                              Shiftmedia
                              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                              X