Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spline distances in Max

Hi,

I want to be able to specify the lenghts of a spline while I create it, also with segments at angles. I have recently discovered that I can use the polar snap tool for drawing splines at angles but can't fathom how to type a distance for the segments. I've tried the max keyboard entry thing but failed miserably. ie how would you create a shape like this redo one to these dimensions:

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Trev

that's a strange technical drawing. it doesn't make much sense. usually you should get all lengths in a single line (can't express it properly in english, arrgh).
    i avoid drawing such shapes in max, it's much quicker in autocad/archicad, but you may want to use the trim tool for the angled lines, to intersect them with the ortho lines (which are easy to create with keyboard entry tool, if you know the ortho dimensions, as it should be the case with a proper technical drawing).
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Just do such things in CAD.
      MAX is aweful about this - IMO.

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

It really isn't too hard in Max. Draw lines the lengths you need them and move and rotate them into place. It took all of 2 min to recreate what was shown in the original post. Also, use reference lines and trim to them if you need. There are a lot of ways to get things like this done very accurately. I wouldn't draft a set of plans in Max, but when you need to do something quick and simple, it is generally faster to stay in one app.

Comment

absolutely...
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

i have a script that wil take 3d coordinates and generate lines automatically.....
            -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Would you mind sharing it dellis?
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X