SAMSUNG 931C lcd monitor COLOUR *sucks*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMSUNG 931C lcd monitor COLOUR *sucks*

anybody has any experience with this one?
    Dominique Laksmana

Just had a poke around the net and found this thread.
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/590240.html

Seems alot of people are having problems with orange skin tones.. is that the problem that you are having?

Comment

yes!!! i don't know how to describe it... it also happens with timber grains, it looks like it's burned, but it's not exactly burn, even the grey gradation (if i'm using the override material), it has "jumps", or lines between the lighter and the darker grey, somehow the panel cannot make it a smooth gradation from lighter to a darker grey... very frustrating. now i am back with my old 17" panel. sigh.....
      Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Yeah the orange skin tones would certainl have a similar affect on certain wood types.
        And the color gradient issue you refer to is banding, I believe people had the same problem on the forum.

I suggest you have a look at the dell monitors they are very good. And the 24" is well priced too.

Comment

so this monitor is ditched. damn. i got that for S$459. really really disappointed. ah, daforce, how reliable is dell? it seems like all my buddies here are like having a smirk whenever i mention about dell?
          Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Dell monitors are REALLY good.. i just bought a 30" monitor

Many people here on the forums use Dell monitors.. read review man.. always good!!!!

There machines may be crap but the monitors are one of the best.

Comment

thanks daforce. really appreciated it. i am going to look at it now.
              Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Any time man.

Comment

ah, by the way, did you buy the 16:9 ratio or the 3:4? which one is for us 3d renderer?
                  Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Well the 30" only comes in widescreen.. which is 16:10. So thats what I got.

It doesnt matter which one you get really.. what ever you prefer.
                    The widescreen one is just wide with slightly less height. I personally would go for the widescreen one, as I use it for personal use as well.

The bigger the better.. but comes down to what you can afford as well.

Comment

I love my Dell. It kicks the fidelity out of my other 4 monitors. Even beats my Acer LCD (my only other LCD) which I use as a secondary monitor. If you're going to spend the cash - do it right.

Now I just have to be concerned with what my clients use...
                      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

If you guys are serious about rendering and color, invest in a color calibrator as well.

Comment

how can i get information for this color calibration chris?
                          Dominique Laksmana

Comment

I had a spyder but calibrating it was spitting out errors. Plus, I'm working over two monitors and a lot of these systems don't seem to support that. What are you using Chris?
                            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

spyders are fine, its just that you will have to have 2 separate video cards if you want to separate monitors to be properly calibrated. Well if they are different manufacturers anyways. I have a crt for my main, and a dell lcd for my secondary.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                              X